Default Midnight Suns was a flop

Some news: Marvel's Midnight Suns was a From Jason Schreier https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

critical success but a commercial flop. Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick told me in an interview this afternoon that "it's possible the release window wasn't perfect" but that he thinks it could have a long tail, like other Firaxis games
    Too bad. It looked like a fun game I was going to get around to it eventually.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-07-2023 at 12:06 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Some news: Marvel's Midnight Suns was a From Jason Schreier https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Too bad. It looked like a fun game I was going to get around to it eventually.
    You still can. It does look like fun. Poor sales should not stop you from trying it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I can say the card/turn-based stuff turned me off the game from the jump, but even if it weren't and it was just a normal action RPG ala Mass Effect, I probably still wouldn't have gave it a shot. I usually watch gameplay videos before making a purchase and the writing/characterization for some of these characters were terrible from what I saw. Nevermind you play as this boring OC, but Blade starting a book club, Wolverine playing video games with Spider-Man... this game looks like it was written for children.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The mentality that a game is only successful if bought immediately is ridiculous. The game looks decent and it’s definitely on my list of games to get when I finally get a PS5. It’s definitely not the kind of flop that Avengers was and is doing something distinctive with the Marvel license by opting for the supernatural side and having elements of games like XCOM and Mass Effect.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The mentality that a game is only successful if bought immediately is ridiculous. The game looks decent and it’s definitely on my list of games to get when I finally get a PS5. It’s definitely not the kind of flop that Avengers was and is doing something distinctive with the Marvel license by opting for the supernatural side and having elements of games like XCOM and Mass Effect.
    Even the quote knowledges that the game will likely find it's legs in the long haul as that's been the case of other Firaxis games. The sales for the game will improve has it's critical acclaim spreads.