Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Re-cast a character on one of your favorite films or tv shows with another actor

Ever watched a film or tv show and thought 'this would be perfect if they had hired ____ to play ____ instead of _____ ?

I think Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone should have swapped the roles of Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy. (or played the other character in the movies they were in)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Would have perfect if GOT Season 4 had hired Ed Skrein to play Daario Naharis instead of Michiel Huisman. If only indeed.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Anybody but Jesse Eisenberg as luthor in BvS.

Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Jack does crazy great, but needed a more regular guy at first who slowly goes mad. Jack always seemed off.
    Maybe Mathew Modine or Jeff Daniels.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Robert Carlyle as 12th Doctor.
    Michael Fassbender as War
    Colm Salmon as 11th Doctor.
    Ruth Wilson as 13th Doctor.
    Lenny Henry as the O master.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2023 at 01:57 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Jack does crazy great, but needed a more regular guy at first who slowly goes mad. Jack always seemed off.
    I really agree. I love the book, and that's precisely why: Jack's very gradual glacial descent (to madness) via the hotel's subtle gradual machinations. King really sold Jack's internal logic well at times.

Jeff Daniels I can see (more than less fatherly seeming Modine, who I'm less sure might have pulled the sense of possible menace you'd need with Jack).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Jared Leto as Lex Luthor. His role in Blade Runner 2049 showed me he could be good in that role.

Eisenberg would be better as Toyman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Anybody but Jesse Eisenberg as luthor in BvS.

I'd blame the writer and director more for what they envisioned Lex to be in that movie more than Eisenberg's performance.(though it didn't help)

And your reasoning for Nicholson in "The Shining" makes me think of "Road to Perdition" with a similarly miscast Tom Hanks as a gangster who turns good because of his son. It's Tom Hanks - we know he's going to be good. Someone like Viggo Mortensen or Ray Liotta could have convinced us at the beginning they were bad to make the transformation more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd blame the writer and director more for what they envisioned Lex to be in that movie more than Eisenberg's performance.(though it didn't help)

And your reasoning for Nicholson in "The Shining" makes me think of "Road to Perdition" with a similarly miscast Tom Hanks as a gangster who turns good because of his son. It's Tom Hanks - we know he's going to be good. Someone like Viggo Mortensen or Ray Liotta could have convinced us at the beginning they were bad to make the transformation more meaningful.
    I agree on both counts. Snyder would not have cast Eisenberg if that is not how he wanted him to be.
    And not only Tom Hanks, but the narration was all wrong. They should have stuck with the graphic novel.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Batman (1989) Replace Michael Keaton with Tom Selleck.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Batman (1989) Replace Michael Keaton with Tom Selleck.
    Everyone would know who he is. Bruce Wayne would not be able to hide a Stach that amazing!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Everyone would know who he is. Bruce Wayne would not be able to hide a Stach that amazing!
    He'd wear glasses.

Ever since I first heard he was in the running, I’ve always wanted to see how Christopher Walken would have played Han Solo.

I actually enjoyed the Uncharted prequel, but a movie starring Nathan Fillion would’ve been great.

Speaking of Nathan Fillion, he should’ve been Wonderman years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    He'd wear glasses.
    Duh of course. I dont know what I was thinking.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Big Martin Scorsese fan but I'd play musical chairs with the Irishman.

DeNiro was great as the older Frank, but the deaging wasn't convincing on him IMO and he still moved like a man in his 70's in younger scenes because he was a man in his 70's. I'd keep him as older Frank but had Bobby Cannavale who played Skinny Razor play younger Frank.

Since they aged up Cannavale for Skinny Razor I'd have Pacino play the character because his Hoffa felt like a parody IMO. Then have Harvey Keitel who played Angelo Bruno play Hoffa. Last cast Elias Koteas as Angelo Bruno.

Also, I like Luis Guzman but seriously how do you not cast Antonio Banderas as Gomez in Wednesday and get a Zorro reunion to boot.