Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Are some shows made bad on purpose?

Cause I am watching the adventures of Merlin and I swear they made it bad on purpose. Its so bad I cant stop watching.

No there are just people who shouldn't be making movies. It takes hard work and talent to make a good one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There is a Uwe Boll out there earning a living on tax breaks so I feel the answer is sometimes.....yes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I think it's probably more usually a case of people not caring enough to make it really good or just not having the talent, whether it's writers, directors, actors or producers. Creating entertainment is not easy. (I should say "good" entertainment - I'm talkin' at you, TikTok)

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Cause I am watching the adventures of Merlin and I swear they made it bad on purpose. Its so bad I cant stop watching.
    Well, there are different levels of bad. Apparently, Merlin is the "bad, but still entertaining" kind. Then you have "bad with hate watching", "so bad its good", and "so bad, its not even worth hate watching". with some levels in between.

Yes, that is why we have Tromaverse.

Astonishing Member

Ever wondered why some filmmakers are changing existing IP´s with a fanbase into something that only resembles the original?

Its the same question. Imaging there are some guys in the room and one says: Hey, I have a great idea for X-Men Wolverine Origins. We just take Deadpool as his opponent and sew his mouth, so he cannot speak anymore.

And everyone: Great idea, fans will love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Ever wondered why some filmmakers are changing existing IP´s with a fanbase into something that only resembles the original?

Its the same question. Imaging there are some guys in the room and one says: Hey, I have a great idea for X-Men Wolverine Origins. We just take Deadpool as his opponent and sew his mouth, so he cannot speak anymore.

And everyone: Great idea, fans will love it!!!
    But that's not being "bad on purpose." Those execs actually think that was a good idea.

Yo answer the OP, no. Nobody purposely sets out to do a bad job on a film or show. Think of the amount of time, energy and money that goes into these things. Who's going to waste that intentionally?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I do think some folks have a "good enough" mentality. They need to make a schedule or stay within a budget. I believe that a lot of folks know the project isn't good but it's too late or too hard or too expensive to fix it. But I don't think people start out (except in extreme cases) to make something bad.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 02-08-2023 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, there are different levels of bad. Apparently, Merlin is the "bad, but still entertaining" kind. Then you have "bad with hate watching", "so bad its good", and "so bad, its not even worth hate watching". with some levels in between.
    Yes that's a good description of what I am watching. I just get the feeling they made it like this on purpose. Because it works in getting me to watch it to see what ridiculous thing they are going to do next. And it must have worked the show was on for 5 seasons.

shows made bad on purpose?

Space Force (TV series)
    Richie Rich (2015 TV series)

Incorrect. Merlin was a great show. As proof I offer the fact that I liked it very much and know others who also did.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Has no one seen Mel Brooks' The Producers?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The adventures of Merlin ist even bad I mean it's not the best thing ever but I wouldn't call it bad...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Incorrect. Merlin was a great show. As proof I offer the fact that I liked it very much and know others who also did.
    Sheesh well, different strokes for different folks.