Thread: NASCAR Thread

Default NASCAR Thread

Well, tomorrow (Sunday, February 19) is the date for the running of the 2023 Daytona 500. Anybody planning to watch it?

I am going to give it a try. I have been a somewhat casual fan (Heavy on the casual part) of Nascar for a couple years. I plan on getting more into it this year

What drivers should I be watching out for?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am going to give it a try. I have been a somewhat casual fan (Heavy on the casual part) of Nascar for a couple years. I plan on getting more into it this year

What drivers should I be watching out for?
    Don't know what to tell you.

I use to be big on watching the Indy 500 every year when I was younger, then later on I started paying more attention to NASCAR. (NASCAR wasn't easy to follow when I was younger before cable TV was available where I lived.)

I haven't really paid as much attention to it it for a number of years, though. Back when I first got interested, the cars actually looked more like the cars they were said to be (this was previous to the "Car of Tomorrow" set ups where they just use decals to mimic the front-end looks). And as years went on, drivers I was interested in all retired and were replaced by young guys who were better schooled in being corporate spokesmen and came off as a bit more generic in some ways.

By the way, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won the race this year.