Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Exclamation What can pull Marvel comics out of this mess?

It's a terrible mess right now isn't it.

I've dropped everything except for epic collections of OLDER stories for the first time since 1992.

Spider-man sales at an all time low, MJ married to someone else, Pete a joke.

Avengers is a nothing snooze fest.

Slott writing ANOTHER dull spider verse story.

X-men line ruined by editors and their buddies.

No Hickman, No cates, No Waid. just twitter/tumblr writers.

Not even the try hard woke stuff makes the news anymore, and I even stuck around during the Alonso replace everyone with a diverse character for twitter points era

relaunch ironman and captain America again and again.

I thought DC was bad but oh boy this is awful stuff right now, who are they writing these books for? because it ain't the MCU fans, they don't touch this stuff.

Personally, reboot the whole line into a simple wave of books with REAL talent who know these characters and don't self insert themselves and their dull lives into the story.

Let the characters grow a little, this is why Manga utterly wipes the floor with western comics right now, people want development.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 02-08-2023 at 06:35 AM.

The people crave Hellion. Without him to whip all the characters into shape, without his great plots to drive stories, without him creating memorable romances and friendships, Marvel is like a boat without a rudder. He'd tell Spidey to man up and grt MJ back, and it'd take half an issue at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Have more ambition. Stop believing nothing will top what Lee, Kirby and Ditko did and that you have no choice but to use their toys (or copies of their toys), and retell their stories.
    That's not true.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 02-08-2023 at 06:51 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    This man, of course. Bring him back and give him full creative control over everything.

He was universally disliked on these boards. You couldn't scoff at his sales though. A lot of fans liked him and bought his work.

The initial post said "No Hickman, No cates, No Waid. just twitter/tumblr writers." Meaning: please ignore internet social networks. And that basically includes ourselves.

Yes, let's start there.

It's amazing how you managed to fit every single overused buzzword and played out talking point in a single post.

Props to you. Impressive.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Geez stop being so pessimistic. I'm seriously surprised you didn't fit the "SJW" in there. Maybe stop paying attention to the doomsayers and stop judging writers based on what you think their politics are.

deja vu

I think I've already seen this post. Many times.
    Trolls will troll, haters will hate, we will read comics and love comics, thanks

Ultimate Member

There are still good titles like Moon Knight, Daredevil, X-men (the main book), Venom, the new FF book, and Miles Morales.

I know titles like BP are horrible but there are still great Marvel titles out there.

And where did the OP get that Spider-man sales are at an all-time low? There's literally no way to obtain that information but even if we are going with ICV2 estimates the title is still number 1.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-january-2023 I can understand people being upset their favorite title isn't what they want but there's no need to make up whole facts to support their feelings.

Also, the whole "woke" comics don't mean anything. Which titles are woke at Marvel, please name them. Too many people are stuck in 2016.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-08-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Ultimate Universe 2022 edition.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's amazing how you managed to fit every single overused buzzword and played out talking point in a single post.

Props to you. Impressive.
    Exactly.

As I said earlier, people are still stuck in 2016.

The answer to all this is simple, people should read what they like and ignore what they don't like.

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Spider-man sales at an all time low, spoilers:
    MJ married to someone else,
    end of spoilers Pete a joke.
    Spoiler alert! That was only revealed in today's ASM. Edit your post with a spoil tag.

Avengers is a nothing snooze fest.
    At least that's relaunching soon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spoiler alert! That was only revealed in today's ASM. Edit your post with a spoil tag.

At least that's relaunching soon.
    I actually overlooked that ASM update.

That's a pretty massive development in the wrong direction IMO.