Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Jack Ryan | Amazon Prime

Jack Ryan.jpg

In three days I have watched all 8 episodes of the first season of Jack Ryan.
    This has been everything I was hoping it would be, especially after a few MEH films post Harrison Ford.

I'm going to start Season 2 later today. I understand the 4th and Final Season doesn't yet have an official release date. There is speculation that it'll be late Fall(2023) like when S3 was dropped as it is already filmed.

If you like spy/espionage/terrorism type suspense action drama this is a show you should check out.

Season 1
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Into S2 now and I enjoyed the sly joke by Greer when asked his business and identity.

Timothy Horton, coffee, Canadian businessman

Guess there are few takers here for this series?

I've seen all 3 seasons. Liked all of them, season 3 was very good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm only two episodes into Season 3 but I have enjoyed the series as a whole so far.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Over all it's not bad, Season 3 got a little confusing for me as it jumps around. I think they REALLY wanted to make it like a Clancy Novel.

I finished Season 2 over the weekend. The plot with Venzuela and the mineral as a way to combat China is so very real world and current.
    The show gives a distinct feel, imo, that one could be watching an active investigation.

Season 2 trailer

I'm through the first 5 episodes of Season 3. Still liking it.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm through the first 5 episodes of Season 3. Still liking it.
    I watched 4 episodes into S3, so midway, and this season with the Rogue Russian from the Soviet Era feels the most like a James Bond movie. Ryan being burned by a desk jockey, Miller, whose only claim to fame is rooting out a corrupt officer is seeking to McCarthy his whole career and see traitors anywhere. I kept (unfairly?) comparing the rooftop chase to the one in a Jason Bourne film. The Cold War attitude by the Russian makes it very personal, especially for him. Also, it hits home very hard as one looks at the real world situation of Russia and Ukraine the past year.
    I'll finish up S3 this week and be bummed to have to wait for more if S3 finishes as strong as S1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll finish up S3 this week and be bummed to have to wait for more if S3 finishes as strong as S1-2.
    There will be a 4th and final season but I think they are still filming it.

Season 3 and 4 were filmed together I read somewhere. This does confirm that we are just waiting on a release date.
    They may still be finalizing some F/X in Post.

Season 4 is likely/rumored for late Fall 2023 drop, similar to S3.
    There's still no premiere date for Season 4, but we're expecting it sooner rather than later given that the season has already been filmed. And we have a few more details on Season 4 thanks to an interview with showrunner Vaun Wilmott, who explained that things will be very different for Jack Ryan this time around.
    The big news with Season 4 is that Abbie Cornish, who plays Jack's romantic interest Cathy Mueller, will be back. It makes sense; if Season 4 really is the final season, it would be nice to end the series with Jack finding a little happiness and stability with his future wife. Michael Peña will also join the cast full time as Domingo "Ding" Chavez, with Ding being eyed as a possible centerpiece for a future spin-off.

S3 did not disappoint with its ending. Like WW2 vets passing away eventually the crux of using "old Soviets" engineering coups and wars with younger brainwashed folks will end. Until then the writers of this show made use of the trope in dramatic and exemplary fashion.
    Tension with a capital T was how I'd describe the final episode of the season. That is saying something since episode 6 was also a stellar entry spoilers:
    when they blew up a tunnel to trap the radiation fallout
    end of spoilers

Season 3 trailer