Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Me too, I am in desperate need of a Loolo scan, wonder what she looks like.

Ironfire is just a brand new character we know nothing about, right?

Correct, Ironfire is brand new and hopefully he'll be introduced in Red after the event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Nope it's likely she wants this future to stay as long as possible because this is the only way Raven lives. Storm would have killed moira and reset the timeline but destiny cant have that as every other timeline aside this one raven dies. So she was playing ororo from the start, using her and her team to go get the moira for her then ditching them to form an alliance with a sinister who likely wont kill the moira.

The ultimate goal is dominion and it seems they are all going to fight for who gets to have that.
    She saw the sinister timeline end up with the Storm system, and if she wants to maintain the sinister timeline, she needs to make sure Storm is dead. But I think Raven failed.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Nope it's likely she wants this future to stay as long as possible because this is the only way Raven lives. Storm would have killed moira and reset the timeline but destiny cant have that as every other timeline aside this one raven dies. So she was playing ororo from the start, using her and her team to go get the moira for her then ditching them to form an alliance with a sinister who likely wont kill the moira.

The ultimate goal is dominion and it seems they are all going to fight for who gets to have that.
    That’s what the issue tells us, yeah, but I’m still not sure it’s as simple as that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hey! The villains get to actually be villains for a change. Really hope that's a sign when Apocalypse back all the heroes will stop fawning over him and he'll get to actually act like Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Correct, Ironfire is brand new and hopefully he'll be introduced in Red after the event.
    Storm mentioned that he fought in the Genesis War, so I'm guessing he'll show up in the storyline where Apocalypse and Genesis return from Amenth.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Storm mentioned that he fought in the Genesis War, so I'm guessing he'll show up in the storyline where Apocalypse and Genesis return from Amenth.
    Ah yes that's right. Perhaps we'll get to see when the legendary "rain of pain" was born.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was GREAT!!!

Once, again Storm Calling out BS when she see's it. LOL This is the second time Mystique and Destiny has F**ed over Storm. And honestly the Betrayal didn't make sense to me until I read back and realized Destiny needed Storm to die for the Storm System to happen.

I will say IronFire and Loolo does peek my interest a lot because they are so NEW and CUTE.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    That’s what the issue tells us, yeah, but I’m still not sure it’s as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was GREAT!!!

Once, again Storm Calling out BS when she see's it. LOL This is the second time Mystique and Destiny has F**ed over Storm. And honestly the Betrayal didn't make sense to me until I read back and realized Destiny needed Storm to die for the Storm System to happen.

I will say IronFire and Loolo does peek my interest a lot because they are so NEW and CUTE.
    It's interesting because Destiny could indeed be double crossing Spadey Shady Sinister to get to the Storm System as she may see that's the only true way to get out of this and prevent it all from repeating.

From Al's newsletter last night:

"So let's try this again and get it right this time. Ahem...

WHAT'S OUT THIS WEEK?

Storm & The Brotherhood Of Mutants #1, and this time I mean it.

So what's to say about this that I haven't already said? It's got titanic Paco Medina art, for a start - but also, it's part one of a three-part journey across the thousand-year future of Sins Of Sinister, inspired by such diverse sci-fi sources as Blake's Seven and Ulysses 31, not to mention Disney's own Star Wars - and this dark future is going to end up having some serious repercussions right here in the present when we continue on with X-Men Red.

(And this is one more nail in the coffin of the Bird Site - I was very vocal on Twitter, especially by my reclusive standards, about X-Men Red continuing on from where it's left off with an issue #11 that comes right after Storm & The Brotherhood #3. And yet despite Twitter's alleged reach, when I look online I still see people worried the road might have ended - and in these times of the five-issue ongoing, who can truly blame 'em for lacking faith? So I'll tell you right here, once again, that I'm currently knee deep in Issue #13 of the book, and I've planned some issues further than that. What plans are those, you ask? Well, it might have something to do with the Heralds Of Apocalypse special that just got announced, but for now, I'm saying nothing further...)"
    Hell YES!!! So glad to hear that. Ewing is killing it. And this page, homaging Star Wars, was a stroke of genius IMO…

494ABA1B-3FBC-4990-9FE4-134F7B4D6B5A.jpg

… set the tone just perfectly right up front. What a great issue!

I really like Cable’s merger with Xilo too. The way he used his “bio-history” to determine what mixture of genes was in the chimeras was very cool, and reminiscent of when he used the “Infonet” technology prototype (a Marvel U ChatGPT A.I. apparently) to simulate his telepathy after he lost his powers during the Cable/Deadpool run (because he had Wade lobotomize him to keep his powers from burning out, since he’d cured himself of the T/O virus at that point).

A1017092-C8EE-4FF9-A94A-E979EED07885.jpg

The only thing I don’t love is how the merger has kind of mutilated half his face, with it being assimilated and all Xilo looking. I also didn’t love that look during Avengers: X-Sanction when half his face was techno-organic. Just a personal preference I suppose.

But otherwise loved everything about this issue! Al Ewing is God.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was an alright issue. It took me a minute to figure out that the events in this issue must have occurred before the end of SoS #1, well either that or Destique and Orbis just stole something other than the Moira clones. I like the Brotherhood, very happy to see that Loolo was likely adopted by Craig of Nasa. Asteroid S seems like a bad hideout though, I think Sinister would have combed the wreckage of Arakko to eliminate any survivors, especially Storm. I also hope Destiny's motivations are a little more complex than just keeping Raven alive for as long as possible. The art was good, I like Medina's work it's expressive and dynamic, but sometimes his faces look a little wonky.

About Ironfire, I keep thinking he must be related to Sunfire somehow but the timing for that doesn't really work. But then this issue mentioned in passing that he was a "rebel", so now I'm thinking he might be a chimera of Sunfire and someone (Magneto? Lodus Logos?) who rebelled against Sinister and was liberated by Storm. But I think Ewing said we would see him in Red after SoS, so I'm not sure that would work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This was GREAT!!!

The mystique and destiny storm treachery circle really is history repeating itself. This is the seccond time those women have gotten storm stabbed in the back forst by that power neutralized that left her powerless and now by literally stabbing her.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

It's interesting because Destiny could indeed be double crossing Spadey Shady Sinister to get to the Storm System as she may see that's the only true way to get out of this and prevent it all from repeating.
    I think that's the Goal.

Because the Synopsis for the Other Storm Bro's Book shows that Storm and the Brotherhood become something of a Myth. And then BOOM they make this BIG Triumphant Return WITH Storm and then the go take out Sinister.

At least that's what I took from it. LOL

The mystique and destiny storm treachery circle really is history repeating itself. This is the seccond time those women have gotten storm stabbed in the back forst by that power neutralized that left her powerless and now by literally stabbing her.
    I KNOW!! Those Damn Bald-headed......SIGH. Let me calm down.

I think I know WHY Destiny did that. So that Storm System can actually happen. But, I HOPE they get what's coming to them.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

This was certainly a start... I'm interested to see where this goes. The earth digging wind was cute but Destiny/Mystiques reasons for their treachery had me rolling my eyes violently. Also would have liked the destruction of Arrako to have been more focal as apposed to glossed over. 8/10

I see now why Storm had Destiny in that crystal ball lol.
    Last edited by The Regent; 02-08-2023 at 08:49 AM.

They made the same mistake as Uranos and Sinister, when you decide to kill arakkii, you need to make sure you finish. Or you'll pay a price you can't even imagine!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Idk sometimes the answer really is that simple. We might get more details but the question at the end is who will end up becoming the dominion. That seems to be everyone's end goal even destiny's as the dominion is beyond space time and will ensure forever for her and her love literally. There are multiple contenders, diamond sinsiter definately isnt going to get that. But his underlings/mini me clones might. The Storm system seems to be the strongest contender as it is literally the nexus at the end of this timeline but that could be a red herring... but another we havent considered is mother righteous. Idk it's just too juicy. Maybe no one will atain that. We shall see.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.