Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    It doesn't matter where it originates, it does matter who perfected it.

I would say, the best Pizza I ate was in Italy and Germany.
    Best Burger in the USA.
    I had pizza in Paris once, Paris France in case anyone isn't sure. I think it may have been an American chain, Pizzahut maybe?? It was a very long time ago. The one thing I remember about it was seeing some patrons order their pizza with a fried egg on top.

As an American, I thought that was very strange.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I had pizza in Paris once, Paris France in case anyone isn't sure. I think it may have been an American chain, Pizzahut maybe?? It was a very long time ago. The one thing I remember about it was seeing some patrons order their pizza with a fried egg on top.

As an American, I thought that was very strange.
    I watch the cooking channel at times and they have been putting fried eggs on almost everything. The most popular are burgers.

We have tons of mom and pop pizza places here I don't consider them fast food like the chains mentioned. I think I've had chains only a few times in my life. We grew up on mom and pops pizza, good stuff. I don't know if its because we didn't have a chain in our town or because it was preferred. I moved and I still get non chain pizza because I prefer it. I admit to liking Dominos dinners though, though I don't like their pizza.

In France, most pizzas are made (or cooked) in fast food places. So you can identify pizzas with fast food.

I spotted a place in my town where high-quality pizzas are allegedly made. Maybe I will try one day… For my health, my satisfaction, I am not in dire need of pizzas when I can cook simple and cheap meals.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Retired

My family's first introduction to pizza was when one of my sister's got a toy pizza oven for Christmas, which came with a kit for making pizza. We all loved it, especially my Mom. After living off the pizzas from my sister's toy oven, Mom eventually had us buy the box of fixings (flour, grated cheese, can of sauce) which I think was Chef Boyardee--over at the corner shop a block away from our house. Whenever Mom got a hankering, she'd give one of us the money and we would race over to Miyoko's and buy the box of pizza fixings and run back home to help Mom make the pizza.

Eventually, with a slight improvement in their finances (having paid off the mortgage), my parents started ordering in food for special occasions. So pizza became one of the options for a big family get-together. Usually, Dad would phone in the order and then drive over to the pizza place to pick it up and bring it home. I guess that was fast food, but it was still pizza eaten at home.

I've often had a piece of pizza from a pizza concession stand. And I've had pizza in a fancy restaurant in Venice. But these days, I usually buy a frozen pizza at the supermarket and heat it up in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I was reading an article about fast food chains in the US and it listed pizza restaurants such as Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa Johns among other chains like McDonalds, Wendy's, and KFC.

I guess I'm living in the past when everything (crust included) was made when it was ordered and took about 20 minutes or more to prepare and cook the pizza. I never considered pizza as fast food.

What about you? Do you consider pizza places like Pizza Hut and Dominos as fast food?
    ^^^Yeah, I guess I do.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I was reading an article about fast food chains in the US and it listed pizza restaurants such as Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa Johns among other chains like McDonalds, Wendy's, and KFC.

I guess I'm living in the past when everything (crust included) was made when it was ordered and took about 20 minutes or more to prepare and cook the pizza. I never considered pizza as fast food.

What about you? Do you consider pizza places like Pizza Hut and Dominos as fast food?
    It depends on the place, of course. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. There was and still is a restaurant there called "Ang-gio's". It was not specifically and only a pizza place but that was their biggest seller. These were pizzas that took twenty minutes to cook and the best I've ever tasted because every place since then that I've been to is basically a fast food place where it's premade or just generally cardboard with some stuff tossed on it. I even worked for Dominos for a couple of years and I thought it, along with most pizza places, especially takeout, fits that category.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Michigan.html

I see the reviews are mixed but, when I regularly went there, it was back in the 1970s when the guy who started and owned the restaurant also ran it, along with his family. Last time I was there, admittedly ten years ago, it seemed good. It may have gone downhill in more recent times.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 01-12-2024 at 10:50 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

We have Pizza Ranch where I live, it's a pizza buffet that also has a salad bar and fried chicken sometimes potato wedges or Mac and cheese and stuff. You pay a price and eat as much pizza as you want or order a pizza when you pay and it'll be brought to you when it's done so that you get the first few pieces. Pizza ranch also has a small dessert bar and an ice cream machine.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Blaze Pizza is a fast food format. Anywhere there is pre-made pizza, like slices or personal pizzas, is fast food to me, so some Pizza Huts qualify. The delivery ones like Domino’s wouldn’t be.