Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Deadly Class, #4

Our anti-heroes go on a road trip, do some drugs, and it all, naturally, goes horribly wrong, or is about to, in Rick Remender and Wes Craig's "Deadly Class" #4.

Full review here.

So good! Blasted through the first four issues at the weekend. Perfect combination of Love and Rockets style Californian sass, teenage mutant ninja turtles/daredevil, and general 80s social commentary. Loving this series. Particularly enjoyed the double page splash at the Dead show. Keep it up!
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Amazing Member

Gee...another drug generated, teen romp with 'gritty' realism. Yawn. Next.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookMan View Post
    You're quite negative toward comics which is ironic given your screen name. What comics DO you like?

I loved this issue. It tipped it's hat to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and the cameo of Hunter S. Thompson was a nice touch to show respect. It was a fun issue. The dialogue used under the car at the grateful deadfest..tripping....I laughed out loud.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Yeah I'm definitely into it. First issue didn't grab me as much as I'd expected it to (I'm a big Remender fan) but the next three have been great and the last issue was really enjoyable.

The spread of the guys at the festival trying to score some acid looked great.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookMan View Post
    Gritty? This issue was practically slapstick.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

So, yeah, I think I have finally gotten into this series. There are times when it still feels horribly cliched but it has become significantly more enjoyable and, with this issue at least, has finally started to display something of a sense of humour about itself.

It's not on the top of my Image Comics stack but, who knows, with the way it's been improving with each issue, it may well get there at some point.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Yeah, I had my fair share of reservations about this book. Was going to drop it after #4 only to find that it was the best issue thus far.