Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I did not like it at all. or hearing her scream. And what bothered is more is that no one cared. Not the kids she was watching or her boss. She was there for two seconds at the start, then eaten and no one gave a damn.
    That's because it wasn't going to be her at all. It was a nameless worker in the early script. So no reaction as it wasn't going to be her. The actress herself asked to have her character killed in an insane way. So, it was her idea. Also, she was a complete jerk and mean to kids in the first cut but most of that was cut for time making her just a grump but not really bad in the final film making her death worse but if you kept the deleted scenes in, she was worse treating the kids.

Also yes that death got backlash when it first was in theatres.

Inside out--the scene where they send the ad up the tube to annoy the others. I saw that in theatres and went "wait? Just send the memories up the tube!" Movie over! Ironic how it should have ended even called it out later. That scene ruins the movies plot of getting the orbs there fast and makes joy look like a dimwit for not using it. It never should have been in the movie. It solves the trouble at the start of their quest!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-11-2023 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That's because it wasn't going to be her at all. It was a nameless worker in the early script. So no reaction as it wasn't going to be her. The actress herself asked to have her character killed in an insane way. So, it was her idea. Also, she was a complete jerk and mean to kids in the first cut but most of that was cut for time making her just a grump but not really bad in the final film making her death worse but if you kept the deleted scenes in, she was worse treating the kids.

Also yes that death got backlash when it first was in theatres.

Inside out--the scene where they send the ad up the tube to annoy the others. I saw that in theatres and went "wait? Just send the memories up the tube!" Movie over! Ironic how it should have ended even called it out later. That scene ruins the movies plot of getting the orbs there fast and makes joy look like a dimwit for not using it. It never should have been in the movie. It solves the trouble at the start of their quest!
    I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Still her death is pretty jarring.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think it had anything to do with Ilsa as much as that the movie was made in 1942.
    Agreed. It was wrong, and yet it was the language of the time. Still, I get why it can kill the film's charm.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think it had anything to do with Ilsa as much as that the movie was made in 1942.
    I hope you realize I do know that [or maybe you think I'm an idiot] but it hardly makes it less offensive or less jarring when Ilsa says it. It's one of the first things she says and we're supposed to like this woman--Sam's her friend. I have to get around it somehow to get back into the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I hope you realize I do know that [or maybe you think I'm an idiot] but it hardly makes it less offensive or less jarring when Ilsa says it. It's one of the first things she says and we're supposed to like this woman--Sam's her friend. I have to get around it somehow to get back into the movie.
    From your original post, it wasn't clear that you were creating a scenario in your head canon to explain it away.

Regarding the Truffle Shuffle, the scene is meant to foreshadow one eyed Willie's traps with the complex door mechanism. As for the Star Trek 2 scene it's kind of intended to show Kirk is kind of out of touch. Kirk immediately criticizes himself at the end of the scene for being caught off guard and for not listening to Saavik. As for me personally, the first part of the trash compacted scene from Star Wars. Just the characters shouting way too much and the monster stuff is just iffy. The second half is great though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Highlander 2. That scene right after the opening credits that ran until the closing credits...
    Come to think of it, they had the same scene in Highlander 3. Hated that scene too.
    Almost every other Highlander film was pretty bad , the only one I like was the Original and Highlander: Endgame pending which version you saw but I enjoyed it compared to all other Highlander Sequel

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Although usually not my kind of film I actually enjoyed Enchanted- with the exception with the ending - Narissa transforms into a dragon .. that should not have happened.. it should follow continuing concept-- for Instance When Giselle sing for help she didn't get cute adorable animals but disgusting scary vermin... funny and yet mystical and fits the current narrative the character is in... I'm not sure what she should have transform to but it does not seem to fit... maybe They should have ended with Narissa leading a biker gang or such and end with a modern world with fairytale innuendo in battle !?
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 02-12-2023 at 09:47 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Highlander 2. That scene right after the opening credits that ran until the closing credits...
    Come to think of it, they had the same scene in Highlander 3. Hated that scene too.
    Personally I thought Highlander 3 wasn't that bad. It's not particularly good but it's not terrible. I quite liked that the villain used the same kind of sword that Connor did, the duels were okay and Loreena McKennitt's 'Bonny Portmore' is a beautiful song.

Mighty Member

I wonder if I should start another thread: "MMovies you hate except for that one scene".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I've never seen The Goonies, but I understand a lot of people hate the "truffle shuffle" scene. Does that or any other scene in any other movie almost spoil it for you?
    I wouldn't say it almost spoiled the movie for me but I did dislike the cartoon sound effects in some scenes of Thunderbirds (2004).