Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Step forward Bette/Betty Kane, it's time
    batwooom4.jpg

There is no good reason to ignore her.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Haha do not worry we wont judge!

I've been wrong many a time! I'm genuinely curious
    So I did that, days ago.

And total silence.

Which seems worse than being laughed at or 'judged'.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

A big point against Bette being Oryx is that Oryx had a brother.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A big point against Bette being Oryx is that Oryx had a brother.
    I am severely out of sorts with reading/order, so thank you for pointing that out.

I am going with gut and the look that seems to match Bette doing something similar (other continuities of course).

But technically we know really very little of Bette's family/connections.

Her father is a brother to Jacob and nothing concrete, I believe.

My scenario leading to reveal origin might now be that after West Point she ends up confronting someone about family stuff (she's mostly been shuffled off to Aunts, by marriage, or cousins who have too much going on to help/pay attention)

Maybe she finds out that some of her family stuff is about a brother ??

Of course you may know more that will conflict that.

I seem to be unable to get to my LCS and I'm not sure if they nabbed these for me, so I may be out of luck...
    ~ Oberon ~

Before anyone says anything, I have seen today's story about Bette/Flamebird in Legion of Bloom and the possible future it shows.

I'm okay with that, though I think Oryz sounded pretty interesting, so I'm sure I'll follow that (I have asked for the pull of Batman, INC)

And of course I hope to see a regular book or feature for Kate, Batwoman.

For my tastes, the tease or panels shown in the article were not what I would want artisically but we'll see. I'm glad if she is back, even for now.
    ~ Oberon ~

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bette sketch by Grine.

BetteGrine.jpg

Finally, finally picked up comics at my LCS and read Legion of Bloom amongst others. Hey, I'm an older guy and I probably drive less than 10 miles a week on average. Far less perhaps.

Anyway, the story with Flamebird and "Titans West" seems like something in the file for at least 15 years.

From a plot standpoint as well as art, the story seems

like it was created before the new52.
    Does anyone else get that?
    The other thing is I'm not so familiar with artists so I don't even know if these folks are current artists or from a ways back.

I was overall not impressed with the story and action.
    But it was something.
    None of Bette's Batwoman/West Point career was even brought up so that adds to the idea this was an old 'inventory' type of story.

But it was something.
    ~ Oberon ~

Dave Bullock Sketch.

DaveBullockBW.jpg

Does anyone want Bette in some form to be a part of the Outsiders?

LOL, she almost defines 'outsider' by existing.
    ~ Oberon ~

Bat-Girl Winks.

BetteKaneWinks.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Life may seem odd at times.

The article on the CBR sight about Dick/Robin's date with Kara/Sugergirl.

This was supposed to be early in their careers, but going with Silver Age canon Kara was around when Betty Kane was trying to move in on that Robin fellow.
    I realize that Kara spent years being unknown and acknowledge due to Superman's feelings, but technically in this period, Supes shared most of his secrets with Batman, et al. I mean I think there is even a story where Kathy Kane Batwoman travels with the group to Superman's Fortress of Solitude.

At any rate, of course this bothers me, because in the Silver Age, Robin acted too shy or uninterested in a female's attention but now in this revision, a year, or so later (my reckoning) he is a bit more into it.

But when the reinvented Bat-girl became Flamebird, she was deemed to aggressive to Robin/Dick.

I wish they'd do some story telling about this era, and maybe some other unrevealed stories about Robin and...

Betty/Bette Kane!
    Those would be fun. Imagine the conflict between Bette, Babe, and Starfire. Innocent fun, of course. Does anybody remember when Dick had some kind of romance with a teen age ice skater? And he had hearts floating around his head.
    --jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Those would be fun. Imagine the conflict between Bette, Babe, and Starfire. Innocent fun, of course. Does anybody remember when Dick had some kind of romance with a teen age ice skater? And he had hearts floating around his head.
    --jthree
    It's very possible that Dick remembers little if anything about Flamebird/Bette/"old" Bat-Girl. Her identity could even be unrevealed to him.
    Kate herself would probably be a little glib about her cousin too.

So it could be cute and ironic if some situation brings these people together.

The relative ages thing between them is a disaster too, and better to not try and retcon/correct.

Babs was originally at least a good 5 years older than Dick, in my opinion. He was still somewhere in his teens and she had already completed her Masters in Library Science (or she wasn't really a librarian). Granted that she is smarter than the average student, I'd still say that she is 5 years older than Dick, in the old continuity.

Bette/Betty was relative age to Dick. She was probably 12 to his 13 perhaps.

I have no clue with Starfire, since an alien could be anything. Unless someone knows for sure, I'd say about dead even with Dick.

But now it may appear that Babs is younger than Dick. Someone fill me in, or give out your opinions.

Remembering that some years ago a "Titans Tomorrow" story had Bette getting with Tim Drake, and they seemed about the same/comparable age.
    ~ Oberon ~

Fan Art.

BatBette.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by signalman112; 11-09-2023 at 11:32 PM.

Default Happy Thanksgiving!

I am grateful for the meager showing of Flamebird anywhere in the DC universe.
    ~ Oberon ~