Default Reworking the Hellenders

After the feedback I got for my Star Riders post, I thought I'd try my luck with another forgotten team - the Hellenders.

The Hellenders first appeared in Artemis: Requiem, written by William Messner-Loebs. They were a superhero team who specialized in hunting demons and were led by a man named Nathaniel. They met the Amazons when Diana transported herself into the Underworld to rescue Artemis, causing the human and demon worlds to merge. After the issue was resolved, Nathaniel offered Artemis a spot on the team. Artemis accepted under the condition that her new friend and Amazon-in-training Henrietta was allowed to join them. Artemis is later mentioned to be a reserve member.

The Hellenders are one of many superhero teams with a horror or magic focus. Unlike most teams of this nature, the Hellenders aren't really connected to the magical or mystical in any real way; besides Nathaniel having some magical knowledge, everyone is either a normal human or a metahuman. But that could be a unique way to make them stand out.

The Roster

Nathaniel: The team's founder and director. He had an encounter with demons earlier in life that resulted in the loss of his hand and his family. His hand was replaced with a prosthetic made of divine metal.

Henrietta Jessup: A former police woman from a small town that was attacked by a demonic invasion. She was one of the few survivors and her leadership skills during the incident lead to Nathaniel recruiting her as field commander.

Aaron Smith/Sureshot: A Scottish army medic whose units encountered demons. He is the team's best sniper and second-in-command.

Paige Braverock: Serves as the team's researcher and translator. She is an OC and her last name is a reference to Eugene Braverock who played Chief in the first Wonder Woman movie.

Marcia Hargis/Shock Treatment: A metahuman with electrokinetic powers that have made her a target for exploitation.

Shane Bloodwind: A man from Britain and the team's magic expert.

Lilith Clay: Former Titan and the team's precognitive.

Ferdinand the Minotaur: Physical powerhouse and chef.

Faith Hernandez: A telepath with a history in special operations.

Villains include Neron, Dalkriig-Hath, Satannus and Blaze and Scorcher.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-10-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

that could be an interesting group.

Not gonna lie: I love the roster and I would definitely buy a book about them.