Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Mary Jane Black Cat 3 of 5 Preview.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/10/ma...e-black-cat-3/

I must confess, after last Amazing issue this week, my anticipation for this book has dropped dramatically.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Fair enough, and it was already struggling under the weight of Wells's B.S. in (not-so-)Amazing in the first place. Now that we know where it's going to lead, according to Kelly's fill-in (not filler) issues . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

All that’s really left is where MJ got the bracelet. Considering it hasn’t appeared anywhere else, it’s probably not lasting past this mini. Of course, it’s apparently getting extended past 5 issues, so maybe it could. But yeah, #19 pretty much took the wind outta the sails for this book.

It just feels like Marvel handled this series badly. They essentially undercut it every way they possibly could.

And there are still two more issues after this.

(I have no idea how they are going to handle this title as an ongoing.)

Astonishing Member

How can a book starring Mary Jane Watson and Felicia Hardy, two of the most vibrant female characters in comics, be so…boring? And written by Jed MacKay, even.

The stench of the ASM status quo is all powerful, apparently.

I have my doubts this will be an ongoing. Unless MacKay is dropping Dr Strange or Moon Knight - and why would he, those books just go from strength to strength and seem to be gaining new fans daily while this book has probably garnered some of the worst reviews of his comics writing career - he’s not going to have much time.

And if he does, I hope it’s a Black Cat solo title. I love his Felicia, he’s given her lots of room to grow and I would love to see where he takes her next. He just doesn’t seem to have the same affinity for writing MJ, and if she’s going to headline in a title it would be nice to have her internal monologue and POV instead of constantly being only in Felicia’s POV.

A demon running for public office? Foreshadowing the Limbo UN thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    How can a book starring Mary Jane Watson and Felicia Hardy, two of the most vibrant female characters in comics, be so…boring? And written by Jed MacKay, even.

I have my doubts this will be an ongoing. Unless MacKay is dropping Dr Strange or Moon Knight - and why would he, those books just go from strength to strength and seem to be gaining new fans daily while this book has probably garnered some of the worst reviews of his comics writing career - he’s not going to have much time.

And if he does, I hope it’s a Black Cat solo title. I love his Felicia, he’s given her lots of room to grow and I would love to see where he takes her next. He just doesn’t seem to have the same affinity for writing MJ, and if she’s going to headline in a title it would be nice to have her internal monologue and POV instead of constantly being only in Felicia’s POV.
    I thought it was handled better in the Beyond one-shot but it does seem pretty clear that MJ is mostly just a supporting character/sidekick to Felicia at this point and she deserves better than that.

Fantastic Member

I agree to some extent, the status quo certainly don’t help but I feel that the plot is pretty boring imo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    I agree to some extent, the status quo certainly don’t help but I feel that the plot is pretty boring imo
    Totally agree the plot could be used to replace Ambien prescriptions.

Fantastic Member

Totally agree the plot could be used to replace Ambien prescriptions.
    Yeah, like even if you have the Spencer’s status quo the plot would be still a little boring, I don’t know if it’s because Mackay has a lot of books but maybe it’s a factor to take into account

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Maybe they'll get back at ASM for stealing the wind from underneath their sails by blowing open the Mystery Box. I think that would be hilarious, but that would be the only funny thing.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-10-2023 at 06:30 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A demon running for public office? Foreshadowing the Limbo UN thing?
    I thought it was handled better in the Beyond one-shot but it does seem pretty clear that MJ is mostly just a supporting character/sidekick to Felicia at this point and she deserves better than that.
    Funny enough, Screen Rant had an article today blasting how, according to the Dark Web Finale, humanity --- or at least humans in positions of authority --- would sooner bargain with real demons from an actual hellish dimension than make peace with mutants.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Maybe they'll get back at ASM for stealing the wind from underneath their sails by blowing open the Mystery Box. I think that would be hilarious, but that would be the only funny thing.
    I don't know if this was supposed to reveal MJ was married to Paul but considering that was revealed in a recap page, stranger things have happened .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I don't know if this was supposed to reveal MJ was married to Paul but considering that was revealed in a recap page, stranger things have happened .
    I am beginning to have doubts that they are actually married. What does..."mysteriously married" even mean? I'm confused and also I feel as if Lowe is just trying to make everyone mad and also trying to keep his sinking ship from...well...sinking...somehow. IDK.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

The last issue revealed MJ was gone for six months. Who knows what else they can reveal in this mini.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I am beginning to have doubts that they are actually married. What does..."mysteriously married" even mean? I'm confused and also I feel as if Lowe is just trying to make everyone mad and also trying to keep his sinking ship from...well...sinking...somehow. IDK.
    It all comes down to the mystery box I guess.