Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not the one making it about violence. The people who hate the sword are the ones doing that.

Thor has used an axe and a sword before. I don't recall anyone complaining about that.
    And if Diana used a sword and shield as often as Thor uses a sword, barely anybody would complain

The lasso is her weapon and her tool. It represents the unique way in which she challenges the world. It's unique to her and enhances who she is and how she does things. It can be extremely powerful.

It's like Wukong and his staff
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-28-2023 at 05:09 AM.

Great. The sword doesn't take away from that. It's not like the lasso is her only superpower or the only way she fights evil. "Fight" being the key word here since a lot of supposed long time fans are under the impression Diana is or ever was a pacifist.

Great. The sword doesn't take away from that. It's not like the lasso is her only superpower or the only way she fights evil. "Fight" being the key word here since a lot of supposed long time fans are under the impression Diana is or ever was a pacifist.
    Once again, if writers and artists impinged it on her only as often as Thor uses a sword, then you would hardly find anybody complaining about it.

But it's not the case. People give her the sword for no reason quite often as if it's part of her identity (which it isn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Once again, if writers and artists impinged it on her only as often as Thor uses a sword, then you would hardly find anybody complaining about it.

But it's not the case. People give her the sword for no reason quite often as if it's part of her identity (which it isn't)
    Diana is hardly the only superhero who gets add one to her identity. You might as well complain about Superman being known for flight and heat vision because he didn't have them in the original comics.

We're talking about a character that is 70+ years old and is handled by numerous, often contradicting writers and artists. The comment I initially responded to also complained about her wearing a skirt, longer bracelets and knee high boots. Am I to believe wearing underwear, shorter bracelets and shorter boots are important facets of Diana's identity as well because they are from before 1987?

Diana is hardly the only superhero who gets add one to her identity. You might as well complain about Superman being known for flight and heat vision because he didn't have them in the original comics.
    The sword and shield don't add anything to her.

Everything a sword and shield do for her are things she could already do.

The lasso is her weapon and her tool. It represents the unique way in which she challenges the world and actively adds to her combat and stories. Now she can drag people to her and restrain many people at once. Plus it has magical abilities that destroy magic and open people's souls to her. It's unique to her and enhances who she is and how she does things. It can be extremely powerful.

It's like Thor and his Hammer. It's like Wukong or Monkey King and his Staff

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Kinda love the skirt

But I think I like athletic shorts the best

Retired

Her battle skirt could almost be a skort--actually shorts but with a panel in front that makes them look like a skirt. If that were the case, I could live with it. She should have more stars--not so many that the inker strains their wrist, but at least seven.

Has Wondy used her tiara for anything lately? She used to use it like Batman's Bat-a-rang, Thor's hammer and Cap's shield. But also, she could attach the mental radio to her tiara and call up her mom and they could communicate that way. I think the mental radio and other mental devices should be brought back. Beats a smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Her battle skirt could almost be a skort--actually shorts but with a panel in front that makes them look like a skirt. If that were the case, I could live with it. She should have more stars--not so many that the inker strains their wrist, but at least seven.

Has Wondy used her tiara for anything lately? She used to use it like Batman's Bat-a-rang, Thor's hammer and Cap's shield. But also, she could attach the mental radio to her tiara and call up her mom and they could communicate that way. I think the mental radio and other mental devices should be brought back. Beats a smart phone.
    She used her tiara to great effect in WW #1. I agree about the mental radio, it's already being used too. In a recent issue the Amazons launched a mental radio satellite into space, so all Amazons everywhere can communicate with each other secretly.

Retired

In my mind GILMORE GIRLS is an alternate Earth Wonder Woman show. Lorelai is Wonder Woman, Emily is Queen Hippolyta. I'm not sure about Rory. Starting to rewatch the second season, and in the second episode, Lorelai asks Emily her opinion on which wedding veil to pick. Her mother says Lorelai should wear a tiara--Emily wore a tiara at her wedding.