Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The battle skirt is her best look imo. The thong was ridiculous, and so is every other version of she's-basically-just-wearing-panties.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    All of them at once.
    Early aughts jeans-under-skirt vibes, I dig it.

My order of preference:

1. Battle skirt
    2. Shorts
    3. Briefs
    4. Regular skirt
    5. Pants

And then, after a big gap:
    6. Kingdom Come loincloth
    7. Thong

I like the briefs on the page but they don't work in live action and some interpretations work better than others. I do really miss the classic Perez-era flat candy stripe boots though.

The Kingdom Come loincloth looks nice when she's standing still, but the movement of the fabric is just unnecessarily complicated. Either it looks like it's clumsily flying around all over the place or it looks way too static. You can kinda tell that's why he came up with the eagle armor, he didn't have to worry about showing the movement of the loincloth flaps.

Briefs of battle skirt for me!

Anything but pants. They remind me of Injustice and that godawful 2011 TV pilot.

The battle skirt, by far. Feels far more amazonian than the other options.

While I used to like the trunks, the artists don't seem to have the self-restraint to not evolve this artistically into something hyper-sexualized.

Incredible Member

I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I do not, for the life of me, understand why so many people are voting for the "battle skirt." It doesn't fit Diana's character at all. Diana is meant to be an ambassador and peacemaker. She should not wear a "battle" anything. She should not wear something that suggests she's looking for a fight because that completely goes against what she is.

Diana should wear shorts. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2uzuLkGhY

Fantastic Member

Diana shouldn't wear a battle skirt because she didn't leave her island to start a fight or war. She's a ambassador of peace.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Diana shouldn't wear a battle skirt because she didn't leave her island to start a fight or war. She's a ambassador of peace.
    That doesnt make any sense. So she also should have zero weapons with her as well? A battle skirt doesnt scream "I'm here for war!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That doesnt make any sense. So she also should have zero weapons with her as well?
    Correct. Diana should not carry weapons. Under certain circumstances (for example Brainiac sending in an army of drones) sure, bust out the armour and weaponry for that, but not as part of her standard kit. Her only "weapons" should be her lasso since that also has non-combat uses, and bracelets which are purely defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    A battle skirt doesnt scream "I'm here for war!"
    Beg your pardon but the mere fact that it's called a "battle skirt" says otherwise. What is a "battle skirt" meant for if not, you know, battle?
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 02-13-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Correct. Diana should not carry weapons. Under certain circumstances (for example Brainiac sending in an army of drones) sure, bust out the armour and weaponry for that, but not as part of her standard kit. Her only "weapon" should be her lasso since that also has non-combat uses.

Beg your pardon but the mere fact that it's called a "battle skirt" says otherwise. What is a "battle skirt" meant for if not, you know, battle?
    You can wear bikershorts and not ride a bike. You can a bikini and not go to the beach. No one is going to be intimidated by a battle skirt. If she fights all her battles in her bikini bottoms than that is still representing a battle. Diana is already wearing armor in her top. So technically she should arrive an parade around in her peace treaty attire

It'd be like expecting anyone coming to a peace treaty to not come with guards/secret service/security.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-13-2023 at 05:41 PM.

I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I do not, for the life of me, understand why so many people are voting for the "battle skirt." It doesn't fit Diana's character at all. Diana is meant to be an ambassador and peacemaker. She should not wear a "battle" anything. She should not wear something that suggests she's looking for a fight because that completely goes against what she is.

Diana should wear shorts. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2uzuLkGhY
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Think of it less like a battle skirt and more just a female hero wearing a skirt. Like Supergirl .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Think of it less like a battle skirt and more just a female hero wearing a skirt. Like Supergirl .
    I'd be perfectly fine with a regular skirt (like Supergirl) but the problem for me is that it's basically a piece of armour. The OP even said "it harkens back to Greek and Roman soldiers uniforms." That's why people call it a "battle skirt."

I just don't like Diana wearing something militaristic. Like I said, it goes against what she's meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer
    Diana is already wearing armor in her top.
    And that's the point. She shouldn't wear armour. Professor Geek summed it up best in the link I posted:

"Wonder Woman does not come to America covered in armour, shielding herself and with a sword ready to attack. She comes in a costume that reveals herself to the outside world. She has nothing to hide."

Seriously, I highly recommend his channel. It's been a big eye-opener for me when it comes to not just Wonder Woman but superheroes in general.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 02-13-2023 at 08:29 PM.

I'd be perfectly fine with a regular skirt (like Supergirl) but the problem for me is that it's basically a piece of armour. The OP even said "it harkens back to Greek and Roman soldiers uniforms." That's why people call it a "battle skirt."

I just don't like Diana wearing something militaristic. Like I said, it goes against what she's meant to be.

And that's the point. She shouldn't wear armour. Professor Geek summed it up best in the link I posted:

"Wonder Woman does not come to America covered in armour, shielding herself and with a sword ready to attack. She comes in a costume that reveals herself to the outside world. She has nothing to hide."

Seriously, I highly recommend his channel. It's been a big eye-opener for me when it comes to not just Wonder Woman but superheroes in general.
    This entire topic is about her lower half of her outfit. What she should/shouldnt wear on her journey to Mans World is a different story.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Though I'll always love the star-spangled panties...the battle skirt is my favourite.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think sometimes it's a depending on an artist kind of thing. It doesn't really come off that militaristic to me, especially when we see Diana wear it in non-combat situations.