Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's not like Batman's suit looks like something most people would willingly wear in public either. They're superheroes. They're supposed to be larger than life and over the top. I don't get why people think they need to dress realistically.
    Realism has nothing to do with it.

BANNED

A thong?!? Like a string between the butt cheeks thong? I've never seen Princess Diana of Themyscira in a thong... When has Diana ever pranced around in a thong? I need a visual... Please provide a few HD Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    A thong?!? Like a string between the butt cheeks thong? I've never seen Princess Diana of Themyscira in a thong... When has Diana ever pranced around in a thong? I need a visual... Please provide a few HD Pics
    Google "Wonder Woman Mike Deodato." There are plenty of pics of various panels of his run in which her bottom really looked like a thong. Add to that the typical nineties Liefeldesque horrible anatomy (tiny waist, super long legs, ridiculously arched back, gravity defying breasts, et al), and it is certainly my most hated WW run (visually speaking; the writing was aight).

Fantastic Member

Since Wonder Woman is a princess, shouldn't she have a more regal, authoritarian type outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    "Willingly wear in public"? Have you seen the public? I've seen far more skin in Walmart than Diana shows in her swimsuit.

And it's clearly not a swimsuit because it's too embellished, festooned, emblazoned, metalized and whatnot.

If the problem is cheesecake say that, but cheesecake has a place in Wonder Woman comics despite anyone's dislike for it.
    The embellished ones are a lot better than the simple ones. Because it doesn't look like a bathing suit.

And yes, my post was an implied criticism of cheesecake, but the reason for it being a problem is thematic, not the actual scale of the cheesecake. Powergirl.... different character theme, and one that makes sense to wear a skin tight onesie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Since Wonder Woman is a princess, shouldn't she have a more regal, authoritarian type outfit?
    Before we get to that question, we have to determine if the denizens of Paradise Island share our views of royalty and fashion etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Google "Wonder Woman Mike Deodato." There are plenty of pics of various panels of his run in which her bottom really looked like a thong.
    Oh, wow! I see what you mean... Dem cheeks

Add to that the typical nineties Liefeldesque horrible anatomy (tiny waist, super long legs, ridiculously arched back, gravity defying breasts, et al), and it is certainly my most hated WW run (visually speaking; the writing was aight).
    Liefeld? Liefeld, <Smirk... Heh!>
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-03-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Before we get to that question, we have to determine if the denizens of Paradise Island share our views of royalty and fashion etc.
    They don't seem to share Diana's idea of fashion.

Over the years, I have grown used to seeing different versions of the Wonder Woman outfit. It would almost seem odd to me, if I did not see it continually changing at this point.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Oh, wow! I see what you mean... Dem cheeks
    Mike Deodato is also the guy who did Artemis as Wonder Woman, and Diana as... Not-Donna-Troy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Mike Deodato is also the guy who did Artemis as Wonder Woman, and Diana as... Not-Donna-Troy.
    'Ya know at first glance I immediately thought to myself, Donna Troy...

'Ya know at first glance I immediately thought to myself, Donna Troy...
    yeah, black with white stars?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This is definitely my definitive Wondy, it makes her look like an Olympian Gymnast

Gail's run really had some phenomenal artistic support on some stretches!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Which costume is the one with trunks?
    "Cable was right!"