Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Umm, wasn't the very first look she ever had a skirt? It's there on the cover of Sensation Comics...
    If you look closely, you'll see there is a break in the hem of the " skirt", showing that they're legs to loose culottes. Also, I believe it was Marston's wife that said they should be culottes ( who needs a skirt flying up over her head? Lol)

I'm ok with each Earth's Diana having a look refective of that era/ continuity.( So we get all the looks on each appropriate Diana)

For me, if we're going with the current version of her costume, then here are my requests:
    (1)"battle skirt" should be short, like in the movie. Once it gets long and bulky, it looks ridiculous.
    (2) her emblem should not wrap all the way around her torso, and should be framed along the top by the red of the bodice
    (3) no cape, no sword, no shield unless under special circumstances ( ceremonial events, or major battle against cosmic forces...though let's remember, Bronze Age Diana fought in COIE without armor )

Oh, and all Amazons of Themyscira should be wearing their religious icons....the bracelets .

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I do not, for the life of me, understand why so many people are voting for the "battle skirt." It doesn't fit Diana's character at all. Diana is meant to be an ambassador and peacemaker. She should not wear a "battle" anything. She should not wear something that suggests she's looking for a fight because that completely goes against what she is.

Diana should wear shorts. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2uzuLkGhY
    In the very first issue written by Marston, Diana says she is joining WW2 to prove that women can fight just as well as men. She also earned permission to do this by entering and winning a tournament of martial skill. Diana didn't even become an ambassador until the Perez run. Her being a peacemaker has more often than not involved her using violence (within reason) than not. Looking for a fight and expecting one are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You can wear bikershorts and not ride a bike. You can a bikini and not go to the beach. No one is going to be intimidated by a battle skirt. If she fights all her battles in her bikini bottoms than that is still representing a battle. Diana is already wearing armor in her top. So technically she should arrive an parade around in her peace treaty attire

It'd be like expecting anyone coming to a peace treaty to not come with guards/secret service/security.
    One of the touches I appreciated in JUSTICE LEAGUE was the transformative quality of adding simple draped cloth over the Wonder Woman costume to switch gears from Warrior to Peacemaker/Healer.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In the very first issue written by Marston, Diana says she is joining WW2 to prove that women can fight just as well as men. She also earned permission to do this by entering and winning a tournament of martial skill. Diana didn't even become an ambassador until the Perez run. Her being a peacemaker has more often than not involved her using violence (within reason) than not. Looking for a fight and expecting one are two different things.
    So Golden Age Wonder Woman was more of a activist?

Astonishing Member

Im fine with them all except the non leather pants are bleh.

Time for her to wear thongs again. That was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    So Golden Age Wonder Woman was more of a activist?
    Yeah, you could say that.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I do not, for the life of me, understand why so many people are voting for the "battle skirt." It doesn't fit Diana's character at all. Diana is meant to be an ambassador and peacemaker. She should not wear a "battle" anything. She should not wear something that suggests she's looking for a fight because that completely goes against what she is.

Diana should wear shorts. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2uzuLkGhY
    I voted for it not because it screams "battle", but because visually it is the most amazonian looking.
    While the shorts are her most traditional look, I can't ignore how overly sexualized most artists have drawn them since the 90's.
    A swimsuit look, or thong look really doesn't suit Diana IMO.

To me the battleskirt is fine but it's an unnecessary fig leaf that's pointless because it shows the same amount of skin. Not sure what the "amazonians" wore, but I'd bet it wasn't a flappy miniskirt like Miss Mezzepa in "Gypsy".

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I voted for it not because it screams "battle", but because visually it is the most amazonian looking.
    While the shorts are her most traditional look, I can't ignore how overly sexualized most artists have drawn them since the 90's.
    A swimsuit look, or thong look really doesn't suit Diana IMO.
    Yeah, that. If it looks like she's literally wearing a swimsuit... um.... no. especially if the only accessories are the tiara, lasso, and bracelets... It doesn't feel Greek or Amazon, or even something you'd willingly wear in public other than swimming at the beach.

DCAU went with the idea that it was armor created for Hippolyta when she was WW in WW2... and thus had a very specific reason to look like that. but that's DCAU.

"Willingly wear in public"? Have you seen the public? I've seen far more skin in Walmart than Diana shows in her swimsuit.

And it's clearly not a swimsuit because it's too embellished, festooned, emblazoned, metalized and whatnot.

If the problem is cheesecake say that, but cheesecake has a place in Wonder Woman comics despite anyone's dislike for it.

Battle Skirt or Trunks, IMHO
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It doesn't feel Greek or Amazon, or even something you'd willingly wear in public other than swimming at the beach.
    It's not like Batman's suit looks like something most people would willingly wear in public either. They're superheroes. They're supposed to be larger than life and over the top. I don't get why people think they need to dress realistically.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Greco Roman battle skirt
    Although if you want pants it needs to cover her butt
    She's already the most minimally dressed out of the JL founder so the thong is just someone being extra horny