Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What you rather serve in, the Clone Wars or the Dominion War?

What you rather serve in, the Clone Wars (from Star Wars) or the Dominion War (Star Trek)?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The Republic had credits, they weren't accepted everywhere, but they at least had money. Star Trek is unabashedly post-capitalist in their views. Therefore only one of them would have the fat stacks to hire The MunchKING as a Mercenary, and it isn't Jean-Luc.

Just as well since IIRC the Dominion were into shapeshifters and infiltration, and Star Trek wouldn't like the MunchKING's take on solving that one. Or possibly his inevitable demise if FF9 is to be believed. While the Federation would LOVE the MunchKING ripping out all the droids' cores and turning them into grenades.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    What you rather serve in, the Clone Wars (from Star Wars) or the Dominion War (Star Trek)?
    I'll take the Dominion War.

You haven't specified what kind of service, btw. I assume you mean military, but I suppose I could be a waiter at Quark's or some other non-military option, and still say I'm doing my part.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    I'll take the Dominion War.

You haven't specified what kind of service, btw. I assume you mean military, but I suppose I could be a waiter at Quark's or some other non-military option, and still say I'm doing my part.
    Yeah, I am talking about military service.

The Dominion War, simply because Star Trek defensive tech seems better, at least proportionate to their offensive weaponry. Ships are more likely to limp away wounded in Star Trek. Red-shirts die a lot, but their survival rate is downright wonderful compared to anyone who doesn't have plot-armor in Star Wars. So in Star Trek, even as a nobody, I have a substantially better chance of limping away in a damaged ship or being taken prisoner than I do in Star Wars. In Star Wars if I'm not a main character, my odds are hideous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The Dominion War, simply because Star Trek defensive tech seems better, at least proportionate to their offensive weaponry. Ships are more likely to limp away wounded in Star Trek. Red-shirts die a lot, but their survival rate is downright wonderful compared to anyone who doesn't have plot-armor in Star Wars. So in Star Trek, even as a nobody, I have a substantially better chance of limping away in a damaged ship or being taken prisoner than I do in Star Wars. In Star Wars if I'm not a main character, my odds are hideous.
    Yeah, I guess it helps that the Federation wasn't run by a total psychopath like the Galatic Republic was.

Swiss army nerd

If I'm in the Clone Wars I'm either a clone with a kill switch built in to make me obey a fascist, or I'm a jedi and probably about to be killed by a clone or Anakin. Either way, when the war ends I'm either dead or a fascist stooge.

The Dominion War was rough, but if I'm a Fed I'll have a reasonable chance of survival, and my side wins, and is basically a post-capitalist utopia. If I'm on the Dominion side I'm either a Jem H'adar, so professional soldier drug addict, Breen, generally unknown, or Cardassian, and my planet is in cinders and I'm generally hated.

Dominion war, please and thank you. At least one of the outcomes has me with a decent life after.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Neither would be nice.

I suppose if I'm in Starfleet I can try for medical or something.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm a low-level, boonies recruiter in Star Wars. You know, for a local militia, not the Clones. As I know nothing of Star Trek.

The Federation has holodecks. I can have a lot more fun between missions serving in the Dominion War.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Dominion mostly because I'd rather live in the Federation than the dismal massive crowded cities we see in Star Wars. Or barren and poverty stricken at other times.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The Federation has holodecks. I can have a lot more fun between missions serving in the Dominion War.
    We can listen to some Vic Fontaine tunes.
    Power with Girl is better.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    They also don't have any culture since the 1920s.

At least Star Wars had Figrin Daan and the Modial Nodes or Max Rebo.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Untrue. According to Star Trek Discovery the Federation has Disco.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That's one of the Federation's most desirable aspects!