Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

File under M for meh...

Hopefully The Brave and the Bold will be more exciting.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

To say I was Excited to See KEATON back as Batman would be an understatement. I was at a super bowl party and legit when we put on the trailer everyone screamed like we were kids again when the Danny Elfman music started and Michael Keaton stepped out front. I cannot believe it's actually happening I have been dreaming of the day when Keaton would reprise the role. He to date is still my favorite on screen movie Batman.

I still think of Kevin Conroy as the Voice of Batman, especially when I am reading comics, but the best on screen version will always in my mind be Michael Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm not wowed, considering it seems like they're gonna make Keaton Burton Batman do some very non-Burton moves and whatnot this time around. Like it's Keaton Batman but doing Zach Snyder Batman action.
    People complained about the fights in the original movies, saying Keaton couldn't move and the fights were lame. Now people are complaining that he moves too well. Or at least, that his digital double moves too well.

I'm all for it. Let's see Keaton's Batman move like lightning and kicking ass. Hell, let's see him turn his head while we're at it.

Incredible Member

I don't wanna see him as a CGI mess

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    People complained about the fights in the original movies, saying Keaton couldn't move and the fights were lame. Now people are complaining that he moves too well. Or at least, that his digital double moves too well.

I'm all for it. Let's see Keaton's Batman move like lightning and kicking ass. Hell, let's see him turn his head while we're at it.
    I guess it's just jarring seeing such a contrast .

Anyone else notice the bat emblems on the suits in the armoury are different? The gun-suit has Adam West's emblem while the blue/grey suit and the '89 suit have the extra points at the emblem's "tail" while the Returns, Water, Desert and Flash suit have the "standard" emblem.

Edit:
    Turns out there's more to the gun-suit, like the guns are actually grapnel-guns and the ears are based on the golden-age design.
    https://twitter.com/westonfront/stat...ktSEtCoKCF_K5A
    Last edited by Ruthborn; 02-20-2023 at 02:02 AM.

I thought the armored one might be based on the Kingdom Come suit.

Incredible Member

They showed the trailer when I went to see Ant-Man Qunatumania and spotted a difference there was just a brief glimpse of what looked like Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne pulling the switch that runs the electrical current through Barry Allen's body, I'm just familiar with the animated Flashpoint film so I'm assuming that's what it was.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I am actually really hyped for it. Two Batman in 1 movie. I hope they meet!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Anyone else notice the bat emblems on the suits in the armoury are different? The gun-suit has Adam West's emblem while the blue/grey suit and the '89 suit have the extra points at the emblem's "tail" while the Returns, Water, Desert and Flash suit have the "standard" emblem.

Edit:
    Turns out there's more to the gun-suit, like the guns are actually grapnel-guns and the ears are based on the golden-age design.
    https://twitter.com/westonfront/stat...ktSEtCoKCF_K5A
    I must say I'm really excited by that shot of the multiple suits, and the fact that apparently some degree of thought went into the narrative implications of them (since the designer did receive some guidelines). It just makes the Keaton Batman and his career feel a lot bigger and more expansive than what we saw in those two films.

The gun-suit with the Golden Age ears and the '66 emblem is I'm assuming Batman's original suit in this continuity, while he was still an urban myth. The holsters contain grappling guns, so I'm guessing this suit is from before he rigged the utility belt with that nifty gadget that spirals the grappling gun around which we saw in the '89 film.

The blue & grey Silver Age suit is something he almost certainly would have worn after Returns...maybe during a period of his career when he acted as a more public superhero and worked alongside Marlon Wayans' Robin? Bit hard to imagine Keaton wearing those colors to be honest, but anyway...

The Desert suit and the Water suit look like they're for one-off specialized missions. Maybe the Water suit was to fight Mr. Freeze (hopefully not a Freeze who looks like Arnie ...)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    People complained about the fights in the original movies, saying Keaton couldn't move and the fights were lame.
    Those people weren't me, I loved how Burton Batman moved and fought. Burton Bats becoming some over CGI digital Snyderesque mess in action is just not gonna be Burton Batman for me if they go too far with that. If you want to capture Burton's Batman, you have capture more than a mere costume or an actor....there's tone, movement, other aesthetics, etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-21-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Those people weren't me, I loved how Burton Batman moved and fought. Burton Bats becoming some over CGI digital Snyderesque mess in action is just not gonna be Burton Batman for me if they go too far with that. If you want to capture Burton's Batman, you have capture more than a costume or an actor....there tone, movement, etc.
    Fair enough.

But this is Burton's Batman after 30 years . It makes sense that he'd upgrade his suit and change his fighting style. Hell, given his advancing age, maybe his suit is enhanced and gives him the agility you see in the trailer.

Those people weren't me, I loved how Burton Batman moved and fought. Burton Bats becoming some over CGI digital Snyderesque mess in action is just not gonna be Burton Batman for me if they go too far with that. If you want to capture Burton's Batman, you have capture more than a mere costume or an actor....there's tone, movement, other aesthetics, etc.
    It does make him feel like a different Batman.

It's hard for me to imagine Christopher Reeve moving like Cavill.

Amazing Member

Made an Elseworlds short film as a tribute to Batman 1989 called 'Crime Alley '89', enjoy! - https://www.reddit.com/r/batman/comments/11qxh9w/crime_alley_89_elseworlds_tale/

The merchandise floweth.