Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Alan Moore tried to explain how superpowers are useless, but explained how superpowers are useful. I'd fucking love a speedster delivering my pizza. Green Lantern would be the best handy ever. Superman could stand atop the fortress of solitude and sing babies to sleep all around the world. Wonder Woman would make a killing in BDS... I mean teaching construction.

Also, Kurt Busiek created the concept of sideliners in Astro City, superpowered individuals using their powers in everyday life.
    Maybe that was precisely the point...you know give pointers.

I've heard about astrocity..This is more about mainline comics.More importantly about finding superman(not exactly the glasses guy..while writing is awesome.It just feels like superman's potential is lost) jobs that fits with all his skillset..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Maybe that was precisely the point...you know give pointers.

I've heard about astrocity..This is more about mainline comics.More importantly about finding superman(not exactly the glasses guy..while writing is awesome.It just feels like superman's potential is lost) jobs that fits with all his skillset..
    In the first issue of Action Comics #1 Superman stated, when asked who he is: I'm a reporter! He maybe a journalist, but that's only one half of what does. The other half is being Superman, the Champion of the Oppressed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    In the first issue of Action Comics #1 Superman stated, when asked who he is: I'm a reporter! He maybe a journalist, but that's only one half of what does. The other half is being Superman, the Champion of the Oppressed.
    Well we are talking about the second half..not the first half.I have said this before.I am interested in superman more than clark kent(glasses or otherwise).It's about "superheroes" being useful to society doing jobs with their particular skills.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"