Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men Monday #191 – 2023 Valentine’s Day Special

BANNED

The bad news is Steve Orlando teased a first issue of a new book he's writing. I don't care much for his writing after Marauders.

Interesting. When asked what his favorite romantic X-moment is:

Steve Orlando: My biases should be obvious, but I have to humbly suggest I just wrote it in the first issue of [redacted Fall of X title].

When asked which X-Couple they won't NOT want to hang out with:

Kieron Gillen: Oh man! There’s a couple who is JUST ABOUT to be introduced who would be hell to have over to dinner, but I can’t say them yet. Growls! You’ll know it when you see it.

I won't post the 6th teaser image, I won't.

This was a fun interview and we got some fun answers. "Charles/Max in the rose garden in Uncanny X-Men #200" is amazing.
    Last edited by JB; 02-13-2023 at 06:57 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Always interesting to see who is and isn't in these interviews as well. Wonder what it says about Fall of X books.

Some noticeable inclusions and omissions:

- No Ben Percy, but he often skips these
    - No Si Spurrier
    - No Leah Williams
    - No Vita Ayala
    - Yes Tini Howard and Charle Jane Anders, who have books that they're likely about finished writing by now (but also recently interviewed)
    - No Stephanie Philipps, who has a mini going at the same time as the other two, but also hasn't had her X-Men Monday yet
    - Jason Loo, who so far has just been on Unlimited books, but has been in an X-Men Monday before a while ago
    - Jordan Blum, who so far has just been on Unlimited books, but has been in an X-Men Monday recently
    - Alex Segura, who hasn't written anything X that I know of, but has been in an X-Men Monday before a while ago
    - Chris Cantwell, who hasn't written anything X that I know of, but was recently part of the Dark Web interview so could have been asked then
    - Anthony Oliveira, who has been in a few X-Men Mondays but doesn't have a book now
    - Steve Foxe, frequent side content writer but nothing current that we know of

Alex Segura stands out most to me here -- his X-Men Monday was quite a while ago so I doubt he was just asked questions then, and his X-book ties are really really light from what we know. Chris Cantwell also stands out but it might just be because of Dark Web. Would not be surprised to see either of them on a new project soon. The lack of Spurrier also makes me wonder if he's done after Sons of X, but people miss these things for random reasons all the time too.
    Last edited by Krakoa; 02-13-2023 at 07:49 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That's like the most badly drawn version of Rachel's haircut I've seen.

How long do have to deal with OW Laura?

That one 2099 X-Man is straight up Zangief.

I do like how 2099 Cable is Nate and Nathan fused together.
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Always interesting to see who is and isn't in these interviews as well. Wonder what it says about Fall of X books.

Some noticeable inclusions and omissions:

- No Ben Percy, but he often skips these
    - No Si Spurrier
    - No Leah Williams
    - No Vita Ayala
    - Yes Tini Howard and Charle Jane Anders, who have books that they're likely about finished writing by now (but also recently interviewed)
    - No Stephanie Philipps, who has a mini going at the same time as the other two, but also hasn't had her X-Men Monday yet
    - Jason Loo, who so far has just been on Unlimited books, but has been in an X-Men Monday before a while ago
    - Jordan Blum, who so far has just been on Unlimited books, but has been in an X-Men Monday recently
    - Alex Segura, who hasn't written anything X that I know of, but has been in an X-Men Monday before a while ago
    - Chris Cantwell, who hasn't written anything X that I know of, but was recently part of the Dark Web interview so could have been asked then
    - Anthony Oliveira, who has been in a few X-Men Mondays but doesn't have a book now
    - Steve Foxe, frequent side content writer but nothing current that we know of

Alex Segura stands out most to me here -- his X-Men Monday was quite a while ago so I doubt he was just asked questions then, and his X-book ties are really really light from what we know. Chris Cantwell also stands out but it might just be because of Dark Web. Would not be surprised to see either of them on a new project soon. The lack of Spurrier also makes me wonder if he's done after Sons of X, but people miss these things for random reasons all the time too.
    Read the article. The author states this is no indication as to who is part of the writing team for the Fall of X line. This is just for fun.

Al is so chaotic and I always love his answers to these.

Also JDW shipping Kate with a woman fills my heart with joy because I love the acknowledgement of bi-Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The bad news is Steve Orlando teased a first issue of a new book he's writing. I don't care much for his writing after Marauders.
    I hope that if he gets a new book it’s a truly fresh launching point instead of a slight rebranding like LoX and KoX were. I like the main cast he picks, I’m fine with his writing, but the PLOTS (Threshold, 2099, Shi’ar secret lore) have all been huge misses for me.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-13-2023 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GokaiBlack077 View Post
    Read the article. The author states this is no indication as to who is part of the writing team for the Fall of X line. This is just for fun.
    I almost missed that disclaimer:

"Before we start, just a disclaimer for the super-speculative X-Fans reading that this isn’t one of those X-Men Mondays where we’re hinting at new additions to the X-Office. It’s just a mix of current and former X-creators, as well as friends of X-Men Monday, united in a desire to talk about their favorite mutants’ messy personal lives."

Quote Originally Posted by GokaiBlack077 View Post
    Sure, he says that -- that doesn't mean we can't read into it. A lot of the people not included are also "friends of X-Men Monday" but they didn't answer questions -- maybe because they've moved on. And some of the people included are so random that you have to ask if they really would be the first outreach if they're not in the office now - Alex Segura is a good example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interesting. When asked what his favorite romantic X-moment is:

Steve Orlando: My biases should be obvious, but I have to humbly suggest I just wrote it in the first issue of [redacted Fall of X title].

When asked which X-Couple they won't NOT want to hang out with:

Kieron Gillen: Oh man! There’s a couple who is JUST ABOUT to be introduced who would be hell to have over to dinner, but I can’t say them yet. Growls! You’ll know it when you see it.

Now im going to rack my brain and come up with many theories as to who they could be talking about! this is absolute torture
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Now im going to rack my brain and come up with many theories as to who they could be talking about! this is absolute torture
    Maggot + Blob new gay power couple
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So is this how Brimstone Love gets to 2099? The 2099 X-Men bring him there? I kinda hate how Orlando used him as a cudgel but if he's leaving forever I won't mind

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Same here, those two responses jumped out at me. I wonder if Orlando is writing what is essentially a continuation of Marauders with a new title or if something completely different. Maybe a Genosha focused book if it comes back online.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Maggot + Blob new gay power couple
    I'm down with this.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Rachel & Betsy and Anna & Remy are super cute here.

Al Ewing wins the crown with his Charles/Max answer.

Whatever Steve Orlando is writing I hope is as far removed from Marauders as possible. I actually like his writing in general but I don't think he executed his sci-fi big ideas well so far - I really hope his new book is more character-driven which is an area where he excels IMO.