Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Tom Brevoort for sure. I know Jordan D. White is anti-marriage but Brevoort is more likely an approving authority over Spider-man and Brevoort would be happy if the marriage disappeared out of the minds of everyone on Earth and was totally cool with MJ disappearing into obscurity when I talked to him. He even said it would "ruin Spider-Man if he had married MJ in the movies" when I had talked to him about the possiblity back around 2014 or 2015. I'm sure he was cringing hard with "Into the Spider-verse" featuring the marriage to some capacity. Not sure who else though.

I also heard through unofficial sources that Brevoort was behind a lot of the mandates to change Spencer's run post-Last Remains. But he is easy target so maybe someone made that up or it's incomplete info.

Man he should check if his feet are wet as he’s standing deep in denial. The crazy pop they’d of got if Peter and MJ married in those movies or if Tobeys Spider-man said he had married his MJ during no way home.

That upside down kiss was everywhere for ages. Still gets referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I very seldom agree with most things commentary says but damn this guy hits pretty much everything that is wrong, IMHO, with modern 616 Peter Parker comics. A thorough analysis -

Edit - I would add the Conversation to the list of great Pre-OMD stories that Marvel Editorial destroyed. I had a friend who was trans (male to female) and the Conversation helped give her the courage to come out to her parents. I'll always be upset with ME for retconning it.
    That's a lovely thing to hear, and I want to thank you for sharing it. Always makes my heart grow three sizes when comics I, too, cherish tendril out into the real world to meaningfully and positively affect people's lives. For what it's worth, I absolutely get where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    That's a lovely thing to hear, and I want to thank you for sharing it. Always makes my heart grow three sizes when comics I, too, cherish tendril out into the real world to meaningfully and positively affect people's lives. For what it's worth, I absolutely get where you're coming from.
    Thanks for the kind words I appreciate them.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It is a very touching video in a way.
    Reading Spider-Man really helped me to go through elementary and middle school as well. I was bullied few times plus I've spent a lot of time in hospitals due to my weak health so all I had were Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis and Amazing by Straczynski (plus few others, but these two probably were my favorites).
    At my very first day of school I got pushed from the stairs and I couldn't walk, but I couldn't care less because at home the issue of Spidey vs Morlun was waiting for me. Great fight, one of the best to this very day.
    Can't say I was excited about Spider-Man comic book in years, probably the last time was during Spencer's run with all the teasing of "undoing OMD" and proposal.