Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

"We know where it goes. To a really disappointing run on Spider-Man."
    Yeah pretty much, lol

BANNED

Let's see first what this shocking issue will be and then jump to conclusions.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Unfortunately, no.

And you have to understand, while I don't enjoy Wells' writing of this very book, it's only symptoms of the disease. It doesn't really matter who writes this book unless editors and higher-ups release this is dead-end and change the course of action. You could give this book to Kelly or Gleason or someone else, sure, writing will be different, maybe even better, but Peter will still be lonely and miserable. Even if Pete gets back with MJ, at this point I don't believe the wedding is happening at all, let alone in # 1000.

If it's already happened... I don't know. Peter killed somebody in cold blood?
    You raise a very good point there, sadly. Until current editorial has a change of heart or, somewhat likelier, a change in personnel . . . nothing is going to change for Peter/Spider-Man, or for us as fans of the character.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Let's see first what this shocking issue will be and then jump to conclusions.
    Nah, much more fun to invent reasons for hating something that doesn't exist yet.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Nah, much more fun to invent reasons for hating something that doesn't exist yet.
    Ha, yeah. More seriously, though, while this run hasn't given us a lot of reasons to have faith in the minds behind it . . . I do somewhat agree with the basic premise that we should hold off until it's actually out for us to read.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Eh, you know what? I don't care anymore.
    I'm right there with you not caring anymore

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think with 19 issues read, I can reasonably extrapolate that this issue will also suck

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    So... Who wants to take bets on what the Heartbreaking Thing will be?
    MJ's "kids" die?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    I think with 19 issues read, I can reasonably extrapolate that this issue will also suck
    Τhe issue with Gwen brought back for a few minutes as a gift from the Celestial was pretty decent. The only thing that personally left me with a sour tast was the horrible art in the interiors.
    Romita jr should had penciled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Yep.

To misquote a quote often misattributed to Einstein, "Naivety is reading the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yep.

To misquote a quote often misattributed to Einstein, "Naivety is reading the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    Speaking of that misattributed quote: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results," which would be an apt description of current editorial, I think.

BANNED

Unfortunately, no.

And you have to understand, while I don't enjoy Wells' writing of this very book, it's only symptoms of the disease. It doesn't really matter who writes this book unless editors and higher-ups release this is dead-end and change the course of action. You could give this book to Kelly or Gleason or someone else, sure, writing will be different, maybe even better, but Peter will still be lonely and miserable. Even if Pete gets back with MJ, at this point I don't believe the wedding is happening at all, let alone in # 1000.

If it's already happened... I don't know. Peter killed somebody in cold blood?
    Peter hasn't really been lonely and miserable since the beginning of this run. He's got a good job and he's dating, so I'm not sure that really applies. As much as I prefer him to be married to MJ, I don't think he needs to be married to be happy or grow as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Peter hasn't really been lonely and miserable since the beginning of this run. He's got a good job and he's dating, so I'm not sure that really applies. As much as I prefer him to be married to MJ, I don't think he needs to be married to be happy or grow as a person.
    Fair enough, though didn't this whole mess start because somebody with enough power and stature in Marvel decided he'd had enough of the marriage to Mary Jane and chose the worst possible method of undoing it, i.e. a literal Faustian bargain with a literal Devil?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Are we reading the same book? He was humiliated by Vulture of all people, cried to Norman Osborn (OF ALL PEOPLE) because he couldn't get things done on his own.
    Peter is hated and mocked by almost everyone. It is very OOC for a lot of supporting characters, yet here we are.

"He's dating", yea... for some reason even when he does date Black Cat, he looks like a sick homeless puppy. Probably have something to do with his ex showing up with her husband.

Like come on... He doesn't need MJ, right, but I can't say I've seen him "happy" for a pretty long time. Like "happy-happy". My mind keeps going back to Straczynski's run, when he was lying in bed with MJ and thinking how much he is thankful for these moments. Back with love of his life, confessed to aunt May, helping regular people of NY, working as a teacher. I can clearly see how much he is happy and content with his life.

Good job is the only thing I can agree on, yet I never said he doesn't have one. Almost always had. He worked for Horizon, worked as a school teacher, Daily Bugle / DB, was the owner of Parker Industries. Said "misery" comes from his personal and superhero life.
    Also Peter can't really "grow" as a person because he keeps making the same mistakes and regressing.
    For example.
    Count how many times he blamed himself for every little thing- "growing up" in this case would be to accept you can't be perfect and you can't save everyone, yet next time Chameleon jumps off the bridge again, Peter is going to cry for weeks. Because he allowed this to happen.
    As someone with high empathy I can absolutely see where he is coming from, his empathy and strong sense of responsibility is what draws us to his character, but it gets really old and you HAVE to grow, draw some sort of conclusions. But he is not allowed to do that.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 02-13-2023 at 05:44 PM.

Attachment 129453

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/13/am...2023-shocking/

Is everybody ready for two issues of Paul having sex with MJ while Peter is helplessly watching?
    if gomez draws it yes yes i am
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy