Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Once upon a time, the Phils held a 5-1 lead....then the Snakes ran off eight straight against the slop end of our bullpen. This team SERIOUSLY needs to address the fifth starter because what happened last night was a damn joke!
    Totally agree. Very frustrating!

Anyone hear of that reverse boycott in Oakland. Where the fans are buying tickets like crazy to go to the game. They want to prove that the fan base is not the problem and that it is ownership.

Fans are bringing signs and wearing shirts that tell the owners to see the team. And want to prove with new owners they will support the team to keep it in Oakland.

I have never heard of a reverse boycott and it sounds like a ass backwards idea.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-13-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Anyone hear of that reverse boycott in Oakland. Where the fans are buying tickets like crazy to go to the game. They want to prove that the fan base is not the problem and that it is ownership.

Fans are bringing signs and wearing shirts that tell the owners to see the team. And want to prove with new owners they will support the team to keep it in Oakland.

I have never heard of a reverse boycott and it sounds like a ass backwards idea.
    Well, the problem IS ownership, and this sounds like a cool idea,
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Well, the problem IS ownership, and this sounds like a cool idea,
    I don't see it accomplishing anything, though. I think the owners are set on Vegas.

Honestly it's too late, as the Vegas Stadium bill also passed tonight making it essentially a done deal. It does make them more attractive as an expansion candidate but the elephant in the room is MLB cannot give them another team until they deal with a new stadium because the Colosseum simply isn't suitable for Baseball if ANY pro level sport at this point, I mean the triple A stadium the As will probably spend a few years in is a massive upgrade over the colosseum

My Phillies kicked five field goals in a 15-3 curbstomp of the Snakes last night. Hey, babyblob, Nick Castellanos, or, as I call him, "Nicky Bats" has found his stride in his second season in Philly as he's hitting .316 after two hits and three RBI's last night. I'm quite happy about his renaissance.

Extraordinary Member

My Phillies kicked five field goals in a 15-3 curbstomp of the Snakes last night. Hey, babyblob, Nick Castellanos, or, as I call him, "Nicky Bats" has found his stride in his second season in Philly as he's hitting .316 after two hits and three RBI's last night. I'm quite happy about his renaissance.
    I'm quite happy with his season so far. Hopefully, Harper and others will go into beast mode soon.

I am happy about him doing well also. He was a great guy in Cincy and I knew the Reds would no keep him after his all star season but as Nick said they did not even try to reach out and make any kind of serious offer.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

The Subway Series is turning out to be fun. And I'm wondering if there will be any pitchers left to the Mets. But I love IKF's straight steal of home against them.

My Phillies nipped Arizona 5-4, taking three out of four against the second best team in the NL. At 35-34, the Phightins, winners of 10 out of their last 12 have built some momentum which I hope they take into Oakland for the weekend.

Extraordinary Member

Now I was shocked when I heard this, and I know you will be too. Comish Manfred or whatever his name is, suspects that there might be as many as "many" pitchers in MLB using "banned substances"!

Pitchers going...beyond the rules?!? I've never heard of such a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Now I was shocked when I heard this, and I know you will be too. Comish Manfred or whatever his name is, suspects that there might be as many as "many" pitchers in MLB using "banned substances"!

Pitchers going...beyond the rules?!? I've never heard of such a thing!
    To quote Captain Renaud from Casablanca, “I’m shocked, shocked!”

The Red Sox, to paraphrase a line from an old Richard Pryor routine, wore out three pairs of kneecaps kicking the Yankees in the ass 15-5 tonight.

Game 70 and Ronald Acuna has 15 homers and 30 steals, something that's never been done before

The Red Sox, to paraphrase a line from an old Richard Pryor routine, wore out three pairs of kneecaps kicking the Yankees in the ass 15-5 tonight.
    The only downside for the Sox was their starting pitcher, Tanner Houck, got hit in the face with a comebacker line drive in the top of the 5th. Looks like he escaped major injury but he's still at the hospital getting x-rays and tests.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato