Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Dodgers lose SS Gavin Lux for the season with a torn ACL. Leaves them with a large hole to fill.

-M
    All right, that does it, if the Dodgers don't give their fans a real Series title this time, I will become a Cubs fan! I don't know a bigger threat to make, save possibly becoming a Giants' fan.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dodgers lose SS Gavin Lux for the season with a torn ACL. Leaves them with a large hole to fill.

-M
    Especially after they let Trea Turner walk in free agency. Bad luck for the Dodgers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Especially after they let Trea Turner walk in free agency. Bad luck for the Dodgers.
    I think it's skill more than luck.

Extraordinary Member

So if you've ever desired to see Mike Trout play AGAINST the Angels, I've got your ticket. Seems he playing for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic, and they play two scrimmage games against MLB teams, against the Angels and Giants. I don't know if or where that will be televised, or when they happen. Yes, there likely won't be any particular fireworks in the Angel game, but still.

Meanwhile Scherzer of course saw the pitch clock and said, "You know, I can probably game this to take control of the game". So he tried of course, getting a quick pitch balk for his troubles. Very Scherzer, I should say. And I look for him to try and find the sweet spot on how quickly he can pitch.

Extraordinary Member

So Freddie Freeman is playing for Team Canada, even though he was born about 15 minutes from me, as both his parents are from America's Hat, and he holds dual citizenship. Interestingly, the Dodgers these days are the Red Sox of old, while the Red Sox are even more the Dodgers of old.

Extraordinary Member

Justin Turner of the Red Sox was hit by a Matt Manning pitch in the face, dropping to the ground gushing blood. He was able to walk off the field, and was taken to a local hospital, no update.

Bryce Harper will report on Wednesday to spring training to continue his rehab. It will be determined how quickly he can ramp it up, but that sounds good at least.
    Last edited by achilles; 03-06-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Justin Turner of the Red Sox was hit by a Matt Manning pitch in the face, dropping to the ground gushing blood. He was able to walk off the field, and was taken to a local hospital, no update.

Bryce Harper will report on Wednesday to spring training to continue his rehab. It will be determined how quickly he can ramp it up, but that sounds good at least.
    Turner is being treated for soft tissue injuries and being monitored for a concussion, He was alert and in good spirits under the circumstances as last reported.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Turner is being treated for soft tissue injuries and being monitored for a concussion, He was alert and in good spirits under the circumstances as last reported.

-M
    Thankfully. He's a great person as well as a good, solid, consistent player and clubhouse leader.

Justin Turner's wife just provided this update...

Thank you to everyone that reached out about Justin and sent prayers. We’re home now and he’s resting (okay - maybe listening to the replay of the game). 16 stitches and a lot of swelling but we are thanking God for no fractures & clear scans.
    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Heh, Team USA got in a tune-up match against the Giants. Turns out they need more tuning, as they lost. A bit embarrassing, since Team USA is basically and All-Star team.

I am watching The World Baseball Classic. And man is Japan in Beast mode. They are going to be tough to beat. They are taking Korea to the woodshed even as we speak marking the third time in a role Korea has not advanced past the first round.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Former MLB player Jesus Alou has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The U.S. beat Great Britain 6-2 last night, using a 3-run homer by Kyle Schwarber (known here in Philly where he plays as a "Schwarbomb") in the fourth inning to blow a close game wide open and secure the win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The U.S. beat Great Britain 6-2 last night, using a 3-run homer by Kyle Schwarber (known here in Philly where he plays as a "Schwarbomb") in the fourth inning to blow a close game wide open and secure the win.
    I love that McNeil, the batting champ, batted ninth, and you really couldn't argue with that in that line-up. It's sort of an All-Star of All-Star line-ups. And that even with that roster, they still are not the favorites.

Japan is whomping Australia 4-0 in the second inning.