Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    US vs Venezuela was just as good as any playoff game my team wasn't personally involved in
    Congrats to the Dodgers, who no doubt are now so very happy about not really bidding to keep Trea Turner. Any how, drama to be sure in the WBC, with Team USA beating Venezuela in a come from behind thing in the 8th. Bases loaded....well, Turner proceeded to demonstrate to the Dodgers why they were stupid. Cuba is next for Team USA, watching it on TV is next for Team Venezuela. Altuve got HBP on the hand, bad break, (hopefully an overstatement), for the Astros. I don't like them, obviously, but I don't like players going down like that either.

Extraordinary Member

Watching a Mets game, I realized that they weren't timing Vogelbach's run to first base with a stopwatch, they were using a calendar.

Extraordinary Member

Team USA is in the finals! They crushed Cuba 14-2, with the help of possible MVP Trea Turner, (good job Dodgers in not pursuing the guy). He's USA's home run king in the Classic. They will now face the winner of Japan/Mexico.

Extraordinary Member

It's Team USA vs Team Japan in what sounds like a good match-up on paper. We'll see if we get a great game out of it.

Well Japan wins it in fashion with Ohtani striking out Trout after a really good game. Disappointed in the ending but that tournament was everything it should have been

Extraordinary Member

Well Japan wins it in fashion with Ohtani striking out Trout after a really good game. Disappointed in the ending but that tournament was everything it should have been
    Now that he's gotten a taste of playing with other great players not named Shohei, I wonder if Trout might want to explore a trade?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It certainly was that. I enjoyed the entire tournament.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It certainly was that. I enjoyed the entire tournament.
    It was as dramatic an ending as you could have hoped for. Shohei vs Trout, something everyone wanted to see. Nor do I begrudge Japan the win; they were clearly the best team there, US line-up notwithstanding. And Shohei deserved the MVP award. Now....who is going to win the Shohei sweepstakes, and will Trout ask to be traded now to some club that can actually win?

Rhys Hoskins has a torn ACL so he's done for the year

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Damn shame. Now to see what Dave Dombrowski does to replace Hoskins.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Jed Lowrie, who played for the Red Sox, Astros , Met and Oakland A's, has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Damn shame. Now to see what Dave Dombrowski does to replace Hoskins.
    Damn, I watched that. You hate to see that.

Nice little bit of news but Mike Soroka made his first start a few days ago in spring training after missing nearly two full seasons due to his torn and retorn Achilles tendon, he'll start the season in AAA to get his stamina back but he may be back in the big leagues as soon as April

I just heard about this today. I'm really bummed out for sure.

Extraordinary Member

The next Yankees, Mets, or Phillies superstar, Ohtani Shohei, is the highest paid player in baseball with his total earnings, including endorsements and salary, taking in $65 million. Max Scherzer is in second place, just a few hundred thousand behind, with Judge in third. Trout is fifth. To put that in perspective, Ken Griffey Jr., who is the Reds' fourth highest paid player at about $3.6 million....

Yeah, how many years has it been now since he retired? Gotta love that deferred money.

Then again, maybe the Dodgers, Padres, or Giants might get Shohei.
    Last edited by achilles; 03-28-2023 at 02:53 AM.