Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Kingdom Come

Ah, the original sin.

I would explore how Diana failed her mission, how she became an exile and how the Amazons felt about her being gone. No doubt Hippolyta would be depressed and some Amazons wouldn't be content with it. I would explore what happened to Steve, Etta, Donna and Cassie in this universe as well as her rogues.

Then I would deal with the KC epilogue. I actually love KC's extended epilogue that Alex Ross. That was some beautiful storytelling. I wouldn't retcon it but I would add to it instead. I would have Diana divorce Clark after a few centuries, go on a journey of self discovery and then develop her own hyper advanced civilization called 'Planet Themyscira' that lasts into the Legion's time.

Injustice

Diana was mind controlled or at some point outright replaced by Circe who is trying to drum up more chaos in the world by encouraging Super Hitler.
    That divorce is so random. Why would she do it? Also, Waid stated they weren't married. I don't know what Alex Ross thinks.

I would have made War of the Gods a maxi-series instead of four issues. IIRC Perez wanted it to be bigger, but issues kept getting cut truncating the original story.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I would have made War of the Gods a maxi-series instead of four issues. IIRC Perez wanted it to be bigger, but issues kept getting cut truncating the original story.
    That was the event that made him leave DC Comics. He basically saw DC Comics actually didn't care about Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

Really? Well, if he thought they didn't care then...

War of the Gods was a huge DCU event. I don't think DC was willing to organize it properly and as a result, it's a muddled mess.

A shame Perez and DC didn't do a rewrite on it and clean it up and release a fixed version.

Did the collected version gather up all the tie-in issues across the various titles? If so, did that help the story at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    That divorce is so random. Why would she do it? Also, Waid stated they weren't married. I don't know what Alex Ross thinks.
    They were married in all but name. People divorce all the time in real life. Plus I never saw Diana as the type who would go for a traditional marriage anyway.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They were married in all but name. People divorce all the time in real life. Plus I never saw Diana as the type who would go for a traditional marriage anyway.
    The real life argument doesn't work in this scenario. Imagine if DC Comics would randomly divorce Lois and Clark, you'd probably be pissed.

In a lot Justice League stories, I’d use her more effectively as a leader on the team and as someone tries to reason with and emotionally appeal to the villain(s) to stop their actions in some cases before everything becomes a throw down. Some interesting characterization could happen in those moments if they were allowed in some instances.