Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Is Peter currently in his mid 20s?

I thought he was late 20s but Spencer said mid 20s or something which is it

...shouldn't he be in his 30s? At least early 30s or mid 30s. For how long one person can stay in his twenties.

The Fantastic Four were supposed to have got their powers 15 years ago, and Hulk and Spidey were the next two superheroes to debut. Peter was 15 at the time (the same age as Human Torch) so should be 30 now. They always insist he's younger though. Of course DC is the exact same with Nightwing and the original Titans... they don't want their original teen heroes to be in their 30s, even though they should be.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Fantastic Four were supposed to have got their powers 15 years ago, and Hulk and Spidey were the next two superheroes to debut. Peter was 15 at the time (the same age as Human Torch) so should be 30 now. They always insist he's younger though. Of course DC is the exact same with Nightwing and the original Titans... they don't want their original teen heroes to be in their 30s, even though they should be.
    Pretty much this. I'd settle for late twenties at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't think it works.

Because he started out in high school, we have clear age benchmarks for major stories.

He graduated college (pretty much) in Amazing Spider-Man #185.
    He quit grad school at the close of his first year in Amazing Spider-Man #243. So at this point he's 22/23.

It seems unrealistic (which I understand is a weird benchmark is a discussion about superhero comics) for all of his later adventures to have occurred in a three year period.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

And he should've aged up two years just since Hickman's Secret Wars - I'm pretty sure FF's origin was supposed to be 13 years ago before then. Ms. Marvel (Kamala) was 16 when she first appeared, and there was an eight month timeskip for that event. Then her sister-in-law had a baby - as did Miles Morales's mother and Jessica Drew - and Jess is the only one of those three shown to be pregnant during the timeskip. Pregnancies last nine months, so if Kamala's nephew and Miles's sister were both born a year after Secret Wars, that's four months shy of two years in total since 2016. And of course the current ASM run started with another six month timeskip, and Kamala's involved in this run, she has a job and hasn't mentioned school, which implies that she's graduated.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-13-2023 at 04:10 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

To quote Grant Morrison: "It doesn't matter. These people aren't real."

Peter is vaguely 25-33.

The origin of the Fantastic Four is pegged permanently at today's date minus fourteen years. Peter is fifteen when he's bitten by the spider so he is now permanently twenty nine. At the moment that fits pretty much if you assume a ratio of five real world years to one comics year from the time he left school and went to university. Although you have to retcon out the time skips.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member

It's been inconsistent over the years. In the early 2000s Alias said that Spider-Man's origin was 15 years ago. In 2014 Amazing Spider-Man said that Spider-Man's origin was 13 years ago.

You have to ignore things like pregnancies, Christmases, summer breaks and the like. Those things never add up.

Astonishing Member

People can believe whatever they want, but in my head canon he’s in his early 30s.

he is in 30s in my mind even though comics want him to in his 20s. blame normie osborn
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

There was a comic where Dylan Brock said he was a teenager and that Normie Osborn was "barely double digits". Try making sense of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There was a comic where Dylan Brock said he was a teenager and that Normie Osborn was "barely double digits". Try making sense of that!
    marvel editors need a wikipedia or something to keep their stories in check
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

At best he's late 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    To quote Grant Morrison: "It doesn't matter. These people aren't real."

Peter is vaguely 25-33.
    Bingo!

You can make an argument he was 33 during ASM 400, and then 28 during ASM 800. The mood of the story sways the character's age.

See how Cyclops is 30 whenever he's with Jean, and 40 whenever he's with Emma.