Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Damn, Karl Kerschl art in this is awesome, give him a book!
    Yeah, the art was fantastic and I love seeing Maps as an unofficial Robin. And while the art was a little more stylized than I prefer I really enjoyed Cheeseburger as well.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-27-2024 at 06:25 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's always nice to see more of the Gotham Academy crew and Bruce having a relationship with someone that's not Selina/Talia.

Still feels weird to have non-Bat characters getting stories in this...much as I like Artemis and Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always nice to see more of the Gotham Academy crew and Bruce having a relationship with someone that's not Selina/Talia.

Still feels weird to have non-Bat characters getting stories in this...much as I like Artemis and Lois.
    I like that we're getting non Bat characters in this book. It harkens back to the original Brave and the Bold series before Batman took over and was in every issue. The Teen Titans and Hawkman debuted in the pages of the Brave and the Bold. I say bring on more non Bat related characters but I might be in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I like that we're getting non Bat characters in this book. It harkens back to the original Brave and the Bold series before Batman took over and was in every issue. The Teen Titans and Hawkman debuted in the pages of the Brave and the Bold. I say bring on more non Bat related characters but I might be in the minority.
    I'd be fine with that so long as they removed the Batman in the title.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think the issue I picked up had an Aquaman story where he gets into a fight with a giant diver and the diver turns out to be a Gorilla City citizen. I really need to try more of these books.
    "Cable was right!"

I'm not opposed to non-bat characters being featured...it just seems like most of the non-bat features have been pretty poor so far in this book.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be fine with that so long as they removed the Batman in the title.
    Totally agree with that. Same with World's Finest but I get why DC is doing what they are doing.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Brave and the Bold #11 Preview
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

Dang, Maps cock-blocking two different couples, including Batman .

The Maps story in Brave and the Bold continues to be utterly amazing. Kershel's art and characterization are both fantastic and idea of vampire Manbats is one that I can't believe hasn't been done before. I can't wait to see where he goes.

I also really loved the new Sgt. Rock story, the idea that he was somehow immortal seems like it should be a bridge too far but the idea of him being a timeless patriot just worked for me.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Brave and the Bold #12 Preview
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

Vampire boyfriends aren't always fun.

Kerschl needs to be made the lead on Batman stat, his story was amazing.

Poor Isla got the Vesper Fairchild treatment (minus the whole dying thing).

But Maps is really moving up in the Batfamily .

Did they really need to turn Maps into a Robin? It's not like we don't have an abundance of OCs from the last decade who did the same and are now basically in limbo.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.