Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post

Doctor Light ordering Raven and Starfire to hold Donna Troy down so he can rape her in Final Crisis: Revelations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    While the scene is still f*ck up, thoses women weren't Raven, Donna or Starfire. He put them in some cosplays so he could raped them while pretending to do that to the Titans girls.

Thankfully the Spectre shown up.
    WOW. They really went all in on making Doctor Light the worst.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

This one had some repercussions....

Iris-Wests-Death-In-The-Flash-342060956.jpg
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The majority might not agree, but the initial phase of Death of the Family really creeped me out (AF):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-16-2023 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

The Laughing Fish. Need I say more?

Retired

When you're a little kid, stuff that wouldn't be disturbing to an adult can be quite disturbing to you.

The ad for SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE 77 [G-39] (September-October 1968) just on its own gave me nightmares. In an act of genuine bravery, I bought this 80 Page Giant and nervously read all the stories inside--a few of which were real shockers.

Another comic from the same year had already set my teeth chattering. That was BATMAN 202 (June 1968). The Irv Novick cover got me biting my nails in anticipation of the story inside--by Gardner Fox, Chic Stone and Sid Greene--which really shook me. In particular, Greene's inks of the graveyard scenes were bone chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    WOW. They really went all in on making Doctor Light the worst.

I'm sorry .... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
    The J-man

Mighty Member

There was a story in House of Mystery about a boy who could create mental images and used them to scare people. He wasn't really malicious; to him it was just fun, he didn't mean to hurt anyone. When he wouldn't stop, his parents had him lobotomized! The last panel showed the boy just staring into space...a real horror story. I forget the writer, but the artist was the excellent Jim Aparo.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I would have too difficult a time ranking any, or choosing one, but I will offer one contender, Joker's execution of Sarah Gordon at the end of NML:
    BatmanPenguinOriginTextFIXEDaba2b (2).jpg
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm sorry .... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
    Two things:
    1) Those aren't the actual Titans. They're women that he's dressed up to look like them. Not that that makes it even slightly better, but context is important.
    2) Kee-rist, the post-Identity Crisis Doctor Light really was just all about sexual assault, wasn't he? Yet another reason to loathe that stupid story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I would have too difficult a time ranking any, or choosing one, but I will offer one contender, Joker's execution of Sarah Gordon at the end of NML:
    I'm having a Dexter Morgan flashback with that image.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    This one hit me like a punch to the guts.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I thought it, but man, I didn't need the image. I mean we can go down a rabbit hole with Sue Dibney,(TWICE in the same series), Alex in the fridge, Katma slaughtered in the kitchen, Animal Man's family, etc.

One scene that's just as disturbing was the opening of Milligan's "Shade, the Changing Man" where Kathy (a white girl) brings her black boyfriend home to meet the parents who live in the south, but when they get there, the parents have been murdered by a serial killer. Kathy's boyfriend fights the killer, but the cop shows up and immediately jumps to a conclusion and shoots her boyfriend dead. That's a F**ked up way to start a series. (and it get more f'ed up after that)
    Oohh.. yeah, that's a bad one.

Hmmm... worst I ever read in terms of me hating the story for being well written but an awful story...

Read a Witchblade comic one where the bad guy was a woman who had been tortured and mentally abused by her parents.... why? Because she was prettier and more talented than they were and they were jealous of that. But the real kicker... is that this started when she was relatively young, and lasted for so long that the lady was a total psychopath who felt guilty about trying to be a good person and would feel compelled to commit crimes to balance it out.

Oh wait... that's not DC, oops. :/

Extraordinary Member

There's been a lot of Legion of Super Heroes posts on here and I'll add another. Seeing Karate Kid's burnt to a crisp corpse after he destroyed the fusion sphere was hard to take. Loved KK and still hated he died.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    There's been a lot of Legion of Super Heroes posts on here and I'll add another. Seeing Karate Kid's burnt to a crisp corpse after he destroyed the fusion sphere was hard to take. Loved KK and still hated he died.
    Honestly, I find Jeckie's super-tiny waist in that last two frames more disturbing.