Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So are Spider-Man and Deadpool friends?

Because Deadpool is a murderer, so that doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    yeah they are he has a love hate relationship with him. Also he is friends with Wolverine
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah they are he has a love hate relationship with him. Also he is friends with Wolverine
    Yet, Marvel will not do a Spider-Man x Black Widow team-up adventure because she's a killer. Aside from that, it would be cool to see a Spider-Man and Incredible Hulk team-up story as that's a good angle as well...

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    This is exactly my problem.

Spider-Man hates killers and it always bugs me (lol) when he doesn't just immediately web up Punisher or Deadpool or whatever other high body count anti-hero he encounters. Maximum Carnage, while highly imperfect, was trying to make this exact point about Spider-Man's views on killing.

Spidey isn't really a preachy guy and tends to not push his views on others but arresting straight up mass murders should be a solid decent line for him to hold. I've never liked the "they just kill the bad guys so it's okay" reasoning for a character like Spider-Man.

I didn't read Spider-Man/Deadpool (I did try the first couple of issues), as much as people love it, as I don't think I can get over Spider-Man being friendly with a casual murderer. It kinda breaks my immersion in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Also he is friends with Wolverine
    To be fair, Wolverine is all threat and no follow through. Big knife hands and jumps claws first but (outside of his own comics, probably) be usually just cuts/slashes but doesn't actually kill.

Plus, even before Krakoa, I'm pretty sure everyone he'd ever actually killed had come back from the dead at one stage or another. Lol.
    Last edited by exile001; 02-16-2023 at 04:39 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is exactly my problem.

Spider-Man hates killers and it always bugs me (lol) when he doesn't just immediately web up Punisher or Deadpool or whatever other high body count anti-hero he encounters.
    I completely agree. This is something that Tom Brevoort has mentioned on his blogs at least a couple of times over the years, how it's a disservice to Spider-Man's character when he teams up with The Punisher to take down a villain with a much lower body count, then lets The Punisher walk away.

At least with the Punisher, Spider-man was never going on road trips with him or camping or just hanging out. If Spider-man was working with the Punisher it was to stop somebody and he made a point that he didn't approve of what Frank was doing.

Deadpool he just seemed cool with for some reason.

I'll admit that I did read the series, and it was kinda fun, but it doesn't fit the character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    At least with the Punisher, Spider-man was never going on road trips with him or camping or just hanging out. If Spider-man was working with the Punisher it was to stop somebody and he made a point that he didn't approve of what Frank was doing.

Deadpool he just seemed cool with for some reason.

I'll admit that I did read the series, and it was kinda fun, but it doesn't fit the character at all.
    If I remember the series right Peter hated being around Wade most of the time until he grew on him in true buddy movie fashion.

I think Deadpool at least was trying to be a better person around Spidey, and Peter is usually big into giving others second chances (Black Cat, Sandman, Lizard, Venom, the Hobie Brown Prowler, etc.)

Except Morbius, screw that guy!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I think Deadpool at least was trying to be a better person around Spidey, and Peter is usually big into giving others second chances (Black Cat, Sandman, Lizard, Venom, the Hobie Brown Prowler, etc.)

IT'S MORBIN' TIME!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    IT'S MORBIN' TIME!

Lol, how dare you!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

hey in marvel snap mobius is great
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captainuniverse View Post
    it's morbin' time!

yes!!!!!!!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

spider-man shouldn't be "friends" with an amoral mercenary like Wade. Especially after he killed Coulson during the Evil Cap era. he should've gone to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spider-man shouldn't be "friends" with an amoral mercenary like Wade. Especially after he killed Coulson during the Evil Cap era. he should've gone to jail.
    Wade got out of it by mindwiping himself. I think the second half of the run when Robbie Thompson took over was set after Secret Empire, even...or maybe it was when Wade went back to being a criminal merc, I forget .

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

From Deadpool red white and blood

I still love the panel when Wade called Peter and MJ told him nothing good will happen by answering his phone