Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Def encourage everyone to go back and read the first 3 issues of Powers of X, this seems to be exploring the Cardinal backstory in a sort of twisted way.

Personally, I loved this. Felt like a twisted reflection on the themes of Legion of X, a twisted reflection of Powers of X, the beginning of its own story, and the continuation of the rest of SoS all rolled in one. It's very Spurrier as always but more focus like in an event always helps his writing imo.
    Ah yes, good idea and good call. Cardinals being the outliers that "developed peaceful powers despite being bred to be warriors." Kurt's inherent goodness being the catalyst for this and lasting, possibly, for 1000 years+ is really nice.

Seems like it's going to take them 100 years to gather up the artifacts or even longer if they haven't completed the mission by next issue. I see the Siege Perilous is there so perhaps we'll get a glimpse of Otherworld.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ah yes, good idea and good call. Cardinals being the outliers that "developed peaceful powers despite being bred to be warriors." Kurt's inherent goodness being the catalyst for this and lasting, possibly, for 1000 years+ is really nice.

Seems like it's going to take them 100 years to gather up the artifacts or even longer if they haven't completed the mission by next issue. I see the Siege Perilous is there so perhaps we'll get a glimpse of Otherworld.
    Beyond that, the specific thing with Cardinals is that they have an obsession with creation myths and become super religious. There is definitely something similar happening to the Nightcrawlers too.

Issue #2 solicit mentions "raiding the tombs of Otherworld" so I bet we do see it.

Beyond that, the specific thing with Cardinals is that they have an obsession with creation myths and become super religious. There is definitely something similar happening to the Nightcrawlers too.

Issue #2 solicit mentions "raiding the tombs of Otherworld" so I bet we do see it.
    That's a nice catch, and I'm pretty sure that was more or less the original plan for them.

Not sure if it's because I don't read Legion of X and am really only reading SOS to stay up to date but I'm already at the point that I just don't care about this crossover. I'm way more interested in what follows after SOS.

Can anyone name all of the artifacts at the end? I see the Siege Perilous, Mjolnr, the Eye of Agamotto, the Darkhold. What are the others?

Ah yes I forgot about that mention in the solicits. Thanks!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

So, i'm going to change the Sinister of Hearts name to Mother Miranda now, NOT Mother Righteous. :-) it's better.

Anyway, I think Mother Miranda set up Wallcrawler for Failure, it felt like she knew Stellaris had a Teleportation Barrier. Anyway, I really enjoyed this Issue. 8/10
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Can anyone name all of the artifacts at the end? I see the Siege Perilous, Mjolnr, the Eye of Agamotto, the Darkhold. What are the others?
    Perhaps the egg is the Phoenix Egg?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    So, i'm going to change the Sinister of Hearts name to Mother Miranda now, NOT Mother Righteous. :-) it's better.

Anyway, I think Mother Miranda set up Wallcrawler for Failure, it felt like she knew Stellaris had a Teleportation Barrier. Anyway, I really enjoyed this Issue. 8/10
    "Anyway, I think Mother Miranda..." LOL. But yeah she's not to be trusted imo.

I spot the serpent crown!

Seems like this shall be the big worldbuilding series. Brand new Bamfs exploring the twisted brand new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I spot the serpent crown!

Seems like this shall be the big worldbuilding series. Brand new Bamfs exploring the twisted brand new world.
    That was my initial thought but it doesn't really look like any picture of the crown I can find.

Mother Righteous is the sinister I am most intruged by... could she be his heart, so Rebeca Essex? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Rebec...ex_(Earth-616)

if not what makes her be a her, and what kinds of magic and where did she get it to try to become a goddess?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe Mother Superior is Miss Sinister?
    I still think she is Mephisto or somehow connected to Mephisto. It’s a stretch. Maybe all the clues are misdirection.

Incredible Member

She appears not to be a clone. Could she actually be his mother?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I still think she is Mephisto or somehow connected to Mephisto. It’s a stretch. Maybe all the clues are misdirection.
    Maybe she's mephisto's daughter?

Perhaps the moon is so cold that Mother Righteous finally chooses to put on her shoes.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.