Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Wouldn't the best thing for the victims of Genosha be their resurrection in present time? Enough of this foolishness -bring back Selene, make sure there's quality control checks on her, and make an improved circuit that can handle the volume of resurrections needed to restore everyone to a full and complete life. This whole contrived nonsense about first blood spilled, leaving Cassandra in the past, and allowing Kate to waste her team's time on this pet project is just bizarre.

And does anyone care about Brimstone Love's inclusion in all of this?

Ok so what Kate actually does here is a circuit. Wicked uses the Necroplasm of the dead to create a "mass" akin to the eggs. Theia uses gravity to hipercompress it. Cerebra does her thing to add a bit of genetic spice to the mix, including Fang genes to make this primordial soup viable. Polaris encases it in mysterium. And Tempo sends it to the past.
    We actually saw what happens after that in past issues. They are seeding the birthing sea. The dead Genoshans are still in the queu. This is another thing altogether.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 16.55.06.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Tbh TBH I think the book peaked with the annual. But the second best story was the Shi'ar. Like the Threshold lore was more interesting, two of the Threshold Three were the best thing to come out of this book, and the Shi'ar story wasn't that good either. But the Shi'ar story gave everyone a chance to shine, it knew when to write Kitty out, the story was fairly straightforward, and it had the best action.

Speaking of the Shi'ar, I wonder if we'll ever get info on the other Secret Shames? Half of them weren't answered, and some of the answers we did get were vague.

Book peaked when Orlando GTA'd Xandra and the other books actually said it happened.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Tbh TBH I think the book peaked with the annual. But the second best story was the Shi'ar. Like the Threshold lore was more interesting, two of the Threshold Three were the best thing to come out of this book, and the Shi'ar story wasn't that good either. But the Shi'ar story gave everyone a chance to shine, it knew when to write Kitty out, the story was fairly straightforward, and it had the best action.

Speaking of the Shi'ar, I wonder if we'll ever get info on the other Secret Shames? Half of them weren't answered, and some of the answers we did get were vague.
    Personally I found the Shi'ar arc the most painful of the bunch, the Kin Crimson did not do it for me. I liked the A.X.E. tie-in. To me the peak despite the Threshold craziness was the moment of Kate screwing Cassandra Nova over.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This is CBR X-Board commenters in a nutshell. (this was kind of a mess though, but I liked it better than the last arc and I do think Kate's motivation is outlined pretty well in the issue)
    I prefaced my opinion by saying I hadn't read it and even ended the comment by saying I might have misunderstood because of that, so I don't see the problem. If I were claiming that my thoughts were absolutely correct and everyone else was wrong, that would be an issue, but I qualified my statement appropriately. I'm just not a reader who will lavish praise on every part of the Krakoan era regardless of how little sense it makes; I say that because I wonder if you would have commented if my post had been, "I haven't read it, but this sounds great!"

For what it's worth, I did start reading Marauders but it lost me before the end of the first arc because I didn't enjoy the writing or the art.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Personally I found the Shi'ar arc the most painful of the bunch, the Kin Crimson did not do it for me. I liked the A.X.E. tie-in. To me the peak despite the Threshold craziness was the moment of Kate screwing Cassandra Nova over.
    I liked that Nova scene, but I also hate it, if that makes sense? It's bittersweet. Cassandra ended up being one of the most fun members of the cast. She also looked great in the book's art style. (I said it before, but she looks like my cat here.)

For me, the Shi'ar arc was painful and ran too long, but the sum of its parts were better than the whole. It probably helps that I forgot about Kin Crimson stuff outside of Delphos, and I don't know if that would make me like or dislike the arc more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Haha And its not exclusive to CBR either. Haha. "Fans" in a nutshell.
    Considering the vast majority of X-men fans don't really seem to read the comics either way, it's not like we can get a fair and empirical opinion on what most of them feel towards this story.

But it doesn't seem to me like this is a storyline that will ever show up in adaptations, toylines or other merchandise, particulary since the destruction of Genosha and Decimination don't seem like storylines they would want to touch up with a ten foot pole (if the last animated show and the movies alike are anything to go by), at least as permanent status quos.

There is little here to just jump in and enjoy as first time read, since so much of it draws on past and current events as necessary pre-knowledge, aswell as obscure characters, which no significant number of people cared about enough before and likely won't after either.

This story notably requires being a follower of the comics, to be a fan among the fans, to have bothered going down the rabbit hole of the comics long enough to have knowledge of events, characters and stories that the majority of fans would likely be unable or unwilling to understand. Those who are complaining are therefor part of the allready small group of people who understand what's going on first place.

So if a notable number of people among this minority are complaining about the story being hard to understand, messy or downright bad, it wouldn't be a good idea to just disregard them as insignificant or not being "fans" for not liking it.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying it, but it's not like 20k buyers a month reflect well on a major part of the wider X-men "fandom" either.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-15-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering the vast majority of X-men fans don't really seem to read the comics either way, it's not like we can get a fair and empirical opinion on what most of them feel towards this story.

But it doesn't seem to me like this is a storyline that will ever show up in adaptations, toylines or other merchandise, particulary since the destruction of Genosha and Decimination don't seem like storylines they would want to touch up with a ten foot pole (if the last animated show and the movies alike are anything to go by), at least as permanent status quos.

There is little here to just jump in and enjoy as first time read, since so much of it draws on past and current events as necessary pre-knowledge, aswell as obscure characters, which no significant number of people cared about enough before and likely won't after either.

This story signficantly requires being a follower of the comics, to be a fan among the fans, to have bothered going down the rabbit hole of the comics long enough to have knowledge of events, characters and stories that majority of fans would likely be unable or unwilling to understand.

So if a notable number of people among this minority are complaining about the story being hard to understand, messy or downright bad, it wouldn't be a good idea to just disregard them as insignificant or not being "fans" for not liking it.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying it, but it's not like 20k buyers are a month reflects on a major part of the wider X-men "fandom" either.
    Ack. My blunders. I wasn't specifically criticizing anyone here, --rather making a broad commentary on the wacky comics-enthusiast-community at large, which upon reflection I can understand paints a different picture than I intended . I just meant we, as a fandom, as a community -- those who follow these stories either first hand or adjacently, are often VERY eager to participate in discussion, and that eagerness can sometimes impede the ability to properly scrutinize a story we've yet to absorb and process ourselves.

I am counted among the "Didn't read it yet" and "Am confused" fans.
    My bit about "us" not being exclusive to CBR, was admitting we roam many a social site.

Edit: Sincere Apologies to Agent Grayson & Grunty for any ill feelings
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-15-2023 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Ack. My blunders. I wasn't specifically criticizing anyone here, --rather making a broad commentary on the wacky comics-enthusiast-community at large, which upon reflection I can understand paints a different picture than I intended . I just meant we, as a fandom, as a community -- those who follow these stories either first hand or adjacently, are often VERY eager to participate in discussion, and that eagerness can sometimes impede the ability to properly scrutinize a story we've yet to absorb and process ourselves.

My bit about "us" not being exclusive to CBR, was admitting we roam many a social site.
    Understandable and fair point.

Edit: Sincere Apologies to Agent Grayson & Grunty for any ill feelings
    No problem, and I get where you're coming from
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Okie-dokie. Seems like the book really is sunsetting. I feel like Orlando got a solid gig going with Wanda right now, but I wouldn't mind another X-book by him. Hopefully, something more...X-Men: Red and less Legion of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Okie-dokie. Seems like the book really is sunsetting. I feel like Orlando got a solid gig going with Wanda right now, but I wouldn't mind another X-book by him. Hopefully, something more...X-Men: Red and less Legion of X.
    He confirmed this week he's writing a new #1 of something.

Is Dirtnap now a mutant? I mean that rat with the smiley on top, in the first pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Is Dirtnap now a mutant? I mean that rat with the smiley on top, in the first pages.
    Had to check on uncannyxmen, but it seems he was always a mutant.

However wasn't the rat actualy just a form he took after absorbing one with his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Had to check on uncannyxmen, but it seems he was always a mutant.

However wasn't the rat actualy just a form he took after absorbing one with his powers?
    Hmmm…

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Dirtnap_(Earth-616)

I thought all of the Dark Raiders were former inhumans. The rat became his permanent form.