Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Default Marauders #11 Review/Spoilers: Let's Do The Time Warp Again

Kate is grumpy about not being able to save Threshold, and talks to Kurt, who asks if she's tried everything. Kate gets an idea.

Kate goes to Genosha and reveals the plan: a circuit to send the spirits of everyone who died in Krakoa to the past in the box-thing, which then becomes the first generation of what eventually becomes Threshold. This is why the next step of human evolution exists billions of years before any type of humans exists. The circuit is Polaris, to handle the Mysterium, Tempo, for the time Travel bit, Cerebra for the DNA and tech side (who is late), Theia to get everyone to fit in the box, Fang to regenerate everyone in the past, and Wicked to get all of Genoshas dead (human and mutant, including Kate's dad) on board. The humans are haunting Genosha and the mutants are communicating via the Waiting Room.

Kate didn't get any sort of permission from the Council to do this, which I hope will make for a fun issue of Immortal down the line

Fang goes after Brimstone Love and his cult, it doesn't matter and is completely unrelated to the important part right now.

TLDR: Threshold is a future version of Genosha sent back in time, which means technically Kate created Okkara and therefore Krakoa.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 02-15-2023 at 07:20 AM.

Oh Lord. This sounds really headache inducing. Not sure I understand the point of Kate Pryde having sent Genosha back in time to create Okkara (Threshold) billions of years ago.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Kate is grumpy about not being able to save Threshold, and talks to Kurt, who asks if she's tried everything. Kate gets an idea.

Kate goes to Genosha and reveals the plan: a circuit to send the spirits of everyone who died in Krakoa to the past in the box-thing, which then becomes the first generation of what eventually becomes Threshold. This is why the next step of human evolution exists billions of years before any type of humans exists. The circuit is Polaris, to handle the Mysterium, Tempo, for the time Travel bit, Cerebra for the DNA and tech side (who is late), Theia to get everyone to fit in the box, Fang to regenerate everyone in the past, and Wicked to get all of Genoshas dead (human and mutant, including Kate's dad) on board. The humans are haunting Genosha and the mutants are communicating via the Waiting Room.

Kate didn't get any sort of permission from the Council to do this, which I hope will make for a fun issue of Immortal down the line

Fang goes after Brimstone Love and his cult, it doesn't matter and is completely unrelated to the important part right now.

TLDR: Threshold is a future version of Genosha sent back in time, which means technically Kate created Okkara and therefore Krakoa.
    Clever way of tying Genosha and Threshold together (can't wait for BobbysWorld's comments) and like we said in the Fall of X thread, it raises some questions about the Genoshans. Like, so they did live fulfilling lives after all, just billions of years in the past so do we continue with resurrecting them? It's hella confusing but it's a very interesting situation.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I am SO lost.

I did not get that from the comic at all. They are not sending Genosha to the past. They are using the genetic material of the dead human genoshans, infused by a little extra, to seed a civilization in the past. Remember how Threshold came to be: they came out of a genetic sea. This is them creating the seed that births that sea. It is kind of giving the dead new life, but not literally. More kinda recycling.

Maybe I have to read the issue to understand (and shoot this sounds so crazy I might have to), but did Kate give a reasoning as to why she thinks Genoshans would rather be resurrected billions of years in the past vs. in the present day? I understand it’s taken some time to get all the ressurections done, but this seems a bit drastic.

I love the return of several mutants in this.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I ain't calling Daken Fang. Orlando bugging.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I did not get that from the comic at all. They are not sending Genosha to the past. They are using the genetic material of the dead human genoshans, infused by a little extra, to seed a civilization in the past. Remember how Threshold came to be: they came out of a genetic sea. This is them creating the seed that births that sea. It is kind of giving the dead new life, but not literally. More kinda recycling.
    Then why would the dead mutants of Genosha be involved in any way at all?

Wicked as in the character created by Claremont in the middle 00's?

I don't get it. Didn't Threshold get slaughtered? Were the Genoshans sent back in time just to die again?

Astonishing Member

God I hate time travel loop.things

There is no choice between being resurrected in this way and the normal way. They are using the seed of DNA of mutants and humans to bring new life to Genosha as the seed for Threshold. Wicked (yes, Claremont Excalibur Wicked) just is there to make sure the "souls" of the dead are ok with that. The Waiting Room is mentioned because Wicked says she doesn't commune with real souls, just copies of the way they were at death, but the real souls for the mutants at least are in the Waiting Room. Orlando def wanted to use Genosha-connected characters in the Circuit (Wicked, Polaris). Kate is convinced based on many things that happened in the series that she's already done this, and this is how Grove/Krakoa was created, so she's closing the loop to make up for mutant kind's first blood spilled (Genosha). I don't think this precludes any Genoshan mutant from being resurrected the normal way when the Five finally have time. Genosha's humans, on the other hand, would get nothing without this, which is obviously personal to Kate as her dad died there.

Ok I accept this just because Orlando brought back Wicked.

This is so dumb. Like it makes sense, but this book's ideas are so convoluted and boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.