Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I haven't read it, but this sounds like an absolute mess. Is there any particular reason why Kate is so obsessed with 'saving' Threshold? Isn't its eventual decline the same as any other ancient civilisation? It seems like there should be some solid reasoning for her to want to change the past in such a significant way? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding as I haven't read it myself.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Then why would the dead mutants of Genosha be involved in any way at all?
    Consent. The issue starts with the three laws. Anything goes if there is consent. Up to and including using your genetic material as compost.

Fantastic Member

I wonder what the Five and the GC are gonna think when they realize 16 million mutants aren't in the resurrection que anymore. I think they might be setting up Fall of X by removing of the resurrection protocols by "resurrecting" the bulk of those in the que but shunting them off into the past so they bring them back without really bringing them back

I’m now more confused than I was before. The whole “Years ago, Genosha suffered one of the most horrific attacks in mutant history at the hands of Cassandra Nova. Can mutantkind do better than waiting for resurrection? Captain Pryde thinks so…” doesn’t help.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I am so lost as well. I'm trying to understand but they way it is describes seems overly complicated.

Wait. Wouldn't the souls end up back in the Waiting Room anyway? They go back in time, they're reincarnated. But when those mutants die, do they go back into the Waiting Room? The souls remember being part of the Threshold.

So they're still in the queue, and all Kate is doing is ensuring the Threshold come into existence in the first place?
    Last edited by Rift; 02-15-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I haven't read it, but this sounds like an absolute mess. Is there any particular reason why Kate is so obsessed with 'saving' Threshold? Isn't its eventual decline the same as any other ancient civilisation? It seems like there should be some solid reasoning for her to want to change the past in such a significant way? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding as I haven't read it myself.
    This is CBR X-Board commenters in a nutshell. (this was kind of a mess though, but I liked it better than the last arc and I do think Kate's motivation is outlined pretty well in the issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I wonder what the Five and the GC are gonna think when they realize 16 million mutants aren't in the resurrection que anymore. I think they might be setting up Fall of X by removing of the resurrection protocols by "resurrecting" the bulk of those in the que but shunting them off into the past so they bring them back without really bringing them back
    I don't see how this would remove anyone from the resurrection queue

Excellent question. I would add this one, is there anyone else on this TEAM other than kitty? It seems that Al Ewing is the only writer capable of writing a team book that includes a higher profile character, but can still develop surrounding cast.

It is... a bit dense. Better read it, but essentialy Kate is still fucked up about what happened in Genosha. She cannot save them or avoid what happens, so she uses the dead to bring forth new life. She uses a circuit composed mostly of people related to the Genoshan genoicide to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Excellent question. I would add this one, is there anyone else on this TEAM other than kitty? It seems that Al Ewing is the only writer capable of writing a team book that includes a higher profile character, but can still develop surrounding cast.
    I think this criticism is unfair, to be honest, since this book has given most of its members moments except for Aurora who is Daken's +1 for some reason. Kate has gotten less focus IMO despite being the leader on this team up until the last issue before this one. Akihito has significant moments in this issue, Tempo has moments following up on her previous thoughts on time travel, and Bishop has moments. But it's a 2-issue arc to wrap up a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This is CBR X-Board commenters in a nutshell. (this was kind of a mess though, but I liked it better than the last arc and I do think Kate's motivation is outlined pretty well in the issue)
    Haha And its not exclusive to CBR either. Haha. "Fans" in a nutshell.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Wicked...???

Did you really see Wicked? Whoop whoop, that is a god reason for me to buy this issue after all.

Any other Genosha people we saw in this issue?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I think this criticism is unfair, to be honest, since this book has given most of its members moments except for Aurora who is Daken's +1 for some reason. Kate has gotten less focus IMO despite being the leader on this team up until the last issue before this one. Akihito has significant moments in this issue, Tempo has moments following up on her previous thoughts on time travel, and Bishop has moments. But it's a 2-issue arc to wrap up a book.
    Oh my. Wrap up a BOOK?
    So the title is sunsetting, as the rumor mill suggests?

Tbh TBH I think the book peaked with the annual. But the second best story was the Shi'ar. Like the Threshold lore was more interesting, two of the Threshold Three were the best thing to come out of this book, and the Shi'ar story wasn't that good either. But the Shi'ar story gave everyone a chance to shine, it knew when to write Kitty out, the story was fairly straightforward, and it had the best action.

Speaking of the Shi'ar, I wonder if we'll ever get info on the other Secret Shames? Half of them weren't answered, and some of the answers we did get were vague.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.