Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It really pisses me off that there has been no hint of any sort of outside influence on Hank. This is just Hank is a scumbag for the sake of being a scumbag.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I think this is exactly what Hank would have anyways become if you place him in charge of the CIA.

Hank fits the role really well. Unfortunately for everyone around him, the role is immortal furry Henry Kissinger.

time for beast to be the big bad of the series
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think this is exactly what Hank would have anyways become if you place him in charge of the CIA.

Hank fits the role really well. Unfortunately for everyone around him, the role is immortal furry Henry Kissinger.
    But he's like also bad at his job. X-FORCE is a total joke BECAUSE of The Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At this point I genuinely gotta wonder who this story is even for because this is just blatant character assassination. At this point, Beast needs to be exiled from Krakoa and have to reassess himself and how he’s fallen so low as to become the very thing that he used to fight against as both an X-Man and Avenger.
    It’s for me - I’m loving it

Despite the “post credits scene” I really enjoyed this issue

It is getting a bit tiring reading this series and just knowing how many people are gonna be furious about how Hank’s been acting… just ignore it, he’ll be back to normal eventually

I had mixed emotions when Logan killed Hank. On one hand I was happy because Beast has been in Dark Beast/Sugar Man territory for a while now and he absolutely deserved it. But on the other, I remembered how much I used to like Hank back in the day and I felt bad about seeing him get gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Despite the “post credits scene” I really enjoyed this issue

It is getting a bit tiring reading this series and just knowing how many people are gonna be furious about how Hank’s been acting… just ignore it, he’ll be back to normal eventually
    Well given how big of a plot point it has become that Percy has basically turned Beast into a completely different character it’s kinda hard to just ignore. It’s even worse considering that in the Krakoa era we’ve seen even villains become better people in paradise and even finally got Scott back to his happier boy scout self after years of him basically being the X-Men’s General yet they’ve turned Beast into a totally amoral psychopath. Initially Percy made it out to be that he decided to play the role of Krakoa’s bastard to ensure their safety but there’s been no semblance of internal conflict, no point of him telling himself that the ends will justify his he means, nothing that even presents a semblance of who this character is. At this point the character is just working for the plot rather than the other way around. I hate when posters throw around the line of how it doesn’t matter since the character will be back to normal eventually as things like this are damaging to a character and if actions aren’t taken to rectify it, future writers tend to double down on it.

I mean, I guess modern Hank, old Hank would never have wanted anything to do with this.

But modern Hank is also pretty bad at it.

Jesus Christ, WHY do they need more evidence?! You're on an island full of telepaths!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Jesus Christ, WHY do they need more evidence?! You're on an island full of telepaths!
    like what happened to the good old days when telepaths would read minds without permission. Where is Teen Jean when you need her...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I can't wait for the inevitable, several part Behind the Bastards podcast episode, focusing on Hank McCoy's bastardly deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well given how big of a plot point it has become that Percy has basically turned Beast into a completely different character it’s kinda hard to just ignore. It’s even worse considering that in the Krakoa era we’ve seen even villains become better people in paradise and even finally got Scott back to his happier boy scout self after years of him basically being the X-Men’s General yet they’ve turned Beast into a totally amoral psychopath. Initially Percy made it out to be that he decided to play the role of Krakoa’s bastard to ensure their safety but there’s been no semblance of internal conflict, no point of him telling himself that the ends will justify his he means, nothing that even presents a semblance of who this character is. At this point the character is just working for the plot rather than the other way around. I hate when posters throw around the line of how it doesn’t matter since the character will be back to normal eventually as things like this are damaging to a character and if actions aren’t taken to rectify it, future writers tend to double down on it.
    I’m fine with it so long as there is some explanation eventually. I think resurrections give an easy option there: he was changed in some way at some point when he was resurrected. The real Hank’s backup is still there. Easy fix, and the story can be a good Hank has to rehabilitate his reputation.

I have always liked Beast. He’s one of the original X-Men. He was my favorite on the TAS cartoon as a kid, which got me into the X-Men as a whole. I’m specifically reminded of a Beast that chose to stay in jail and await trial when he could have escaped because he was confident that justice would be served. That’s not an “ends justify the means” psychopath like he’s become. They did a similar thing to Cyclops some years back, when he was ordering X-Force around as his wetworks squad. But I liked that and it made sense. This is too far, though.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    time for beast to be the big bad of the series
    It feels like Wolverine and X-Force have been building to that and Hank is certainly the villain they're up against as per the latest solicits... I wonder if he's going to be joining Orchis eventually and play a part in Fall of X as it doesn't really feel like Percy is building up to a redemption arc or a reveal/switcheroo.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    like what happened to the good old days when telepaths would read minds without permission. Where is Teen Jean when you need her...
    Give Hellion telepathy. He'd violate people's privacy and change their minds without having to be asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.