Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Who is Hank Scorpio?
    Hank Scorpio was Homers boss in the episode You Only Move Twice. Season 8 Episode 2.

Hank was a James Bond Level villain that wanted to take over the world. In fact Homer tackles A James Bond type agent and Hank's men shoot him.

At the end of the episode we see a newspaper headline :Super Villain Seizes East Coast. And he gives Homer the Buffalo Bills Football team as a gift.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Hank Scorpio was Homers boss in the episode You Only Move Twice. Season 8 Episode 2.

Hank was a James Bond Level villain that wanted to take over the world. In fact Homer tackles A James Bond type agent and Hank's men shoot him.

At the end of the episode we see a newspaper headline :Super Villain Seizes East Coast. And he gives Homer the Buffalo Bills Football team as a gift.
    I was aware, but used it as a play on Marvel's "Who Is Scorpio?" title. I guess the joke, like many of mine, bombed. Perhaps had I used one of them emoji thingies that are so big with the kids nowadays...
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Your joke didn't bomb. I'd say it was... ...fire.

Who is Scorpio? Let me answer with a song:

My favorite comicbook ship:

Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I was aware, but used it as a play on Marvel's "Who Is Scorpio?" title. I guess the joke, like many of mine, bombed. Perhaps had I used one of them emoji thingies that are so big with the kids nowadays...
    I have a bad habit of missing the joke .
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Namor and Betty Dean! Swept off their feet, tragic romance, WWII and BIG GUNS!!!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Betty Dean always to me was one of the worst examples of a supporting character.

She was a New York City cop that found excuses and fell in love with a Cop Killer and so often tried to protect him. If I was her Chief I would have fired her.

Aside from that he sent a tidal wave on New York and Flooded the tunnels.

But I will not let my dislike of mass murdering Golden Age Namor cloud my judgement. That is a pretty cool cover.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-20-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Betty Dean always to me was one of the worst examples of a supporting character.

She was a New York City cop that found excuses and fell in love with a Cop Killer and so often tried to protect him. If I was her Chief I would have fired her.

Aside from that he sent a tidal wave on New York and Flooded the tunnels.

But I will not let my dislike of mass murdering Golden Age Namor cloud my judgement. That is a pretty cool cover.

Would you like a flame thrower with that post?

Betty Dean was a great female character, that you rarely saw in comics for decades. She was a female cop in 1939! sent to take down Marvel's first super, when most female characters were nothing more than damsels in distress and would continue to be so for decades. She also was one of the few people who actually negotiated with Namor, as opposed to punching him, to protect New Yorkers, not Namor. She also often influenced him to help the Americans (because 'mass murder' is wrong if it happens to America, but celebrated if it happens to the Germans or others). She was the peacemaker between Namor and Torch (another cop who did the exact same thing as Betty, and found "excuses and fell in love with a cop killer" Namor), so they would stop destroying New York.

As for Golden Age Namor's 'mass murder' ... that's another entire thread of debate, and I understand many comic fans don't like him. That said, remember, Namor was named Avenging Son, to avenge the mass murder of his people. He was / is an anti-establishment character -- which is why he was extremely popular in the Golden Age.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Would you like a flame thrower with that post?

Betty Dean was a great female character, that you rarely saw in comics for decades. She was a female cop in 1939! sent to take down Marvel's first super, when most female characters were nothing more than damsels in distress and would continue to be so for decades. She also was one of the few people who actually negotiated with Namor, as opposed to punching him, to protect New Yorkers, not Namor. She also often influenced him to help the Americans (because 'mass murder' is wrong if it happens to America, but celebrated if it happens to the Germans or others). She was the peacemaker between Namor and Torch (another cop who did the exact same thing as Betty, and found "excuses and fell in love with a cop killer" Namor), so they would stop destroying New York.

As for Golden Age Namor's 'mass murder' ... that's another entire thread of debate, and I understand many comic fans don't like him. That said, remember, Namor was named Avenging Son, to avenge the mass murder of his people. He was / is an anti-establishment character -- which is why he was extremely popular in the Golden Age.
    Like I said it is a cool cover. We will have to differ on our thoughts on the characters. But truth be told I have a little bias against Marvel Golden Age as I enjoy DC Golden age a lot more.

Like I said it is a cool cover. We will have to differ on our thoughts on the characters. But truth be told I have a little bias against Marvel Golden Age as I enjoy DC Golden Age a lot more.
    Your Golden Age preferences are fairly common on these boards.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Reviresco I hope you dont think I was bashing your cover because I was not.