Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let's take a cue from the X-titles.

Spider-Verse Nation!

Peter Parker starts his own country that's composed entirely of alternate reality versions of himself!
    That...would actually be kind of interesting. You could tell any kind of story you could ever want with any type of Spider-Man! We all win! Also: Spider-Verse vs. Krakoa events.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Let's go all in: the good Spider-Men led by our very own Peter Parker and the dark Spider-Men led by the breakout start of Wells' run, Chasm!

Then to follow it up, have Chasm find some weird Spider-metal that leads him somehow to a negative anti-multiverse which has been entirely taken over by evil Spider-Men (because a Spider-God or something) and they're now trying to overtake our multi-verse because reasons. Then do an incomprehensible sequel that's a bizarre mix of half-baked alt-universe concepts, half-told stories and absolutely no character work at all.
    My dude, I didn't love Metal, either

I wonder how far the upcoming Miles movie will take the spider vs spider angle...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Let's go all in: the good Spider-Men led by our very own Peter Parker and the dark Spider-Men led by the breakout start of Wells' run, Chasm!

Then to follow it up, have Chasm find some weird Spider-metal that leads him somehow to a negative anti-multiverse which has been entirely taken over by evil Spider-Men (because a Spider-God or something) and they're now trying to overtake our multi-verse because reasons. Then do an incomprehensible sequel that's a bizarre mix of half-baked alt-universe concepts, half-told stories and absolutely no character work at all.
    Basically, Spider Wars, the 90s animated series finale, but so much bigger in scope that it kind of loses the heart of Peter Parker/Spider-Man that was at the core of that story in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

I wonder how far the upcoming Miles movie will take the spider vs spider angle...
    For all that Dark Nights: Metal and Death Metal didn't entirely work out, it was still worth it for Barry Allen calling out what DC (more specifically, Dan DiDio) did to Wally West --- "You're not Wally, you're a bad idea!" Oh, and Owlman doing the same thing with the Dark Multiverse Batmen in another one of the tie-ins, touting himself as a better evil counterpart of Batman than any of them, was also priceless.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I swear, I've never gone from thinking so highly of a Batman writer* to thinking they do not understand a single thing about the character (or DC) as I did with Snyder. Lol.

*his New 52 Batman is the reason I started reading US comics again after quitting in '07/8.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That...would actually be kind of interesting. You could tell any kind of story you could ever want with any type of Spider-Man! We all win!
    I dunno. What if they're depicted as morons and upstaged by Ock's Superior Enclave?

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I dunno. What if they're depicted as morons and upstaged by Ock's Superior Enclave?
    That would be just our luck, wouldn't it? Sigh...still the thought of them not being written like that is nice.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

I swear, I've never gone from thinking so highly of a Batman writer* to thinking they do not understand a single thing about the character (or DC) as I did with Snyder. Lol.

*his New 52 Batman is the reason I started reading US comics again after quitting in '07/8.
    He was my first Bat-guy, too. Imho he'd fit right in on a low-stakes Spidey ongoing: totems and secrets of the big city are squarely in his wheelhouse. Think he'd write a killer Aunt May

He was my first Bat-guy, too. Imho he'd fit right in on a low-stakes Spidey ongoing: totems and secrets of the big city are squarely in his wheelhouse. Think he'd write a killer Aunt May
    Hmm...a Batman writer doing Spider-Man, huh? Hmm...

*Remembers JMD doing Spider-Man/Batman*

That sounds like fun!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm...a Batman writer doing Spider-Man, huh? Hmm...

*Remembers JMD doing Spider-Man/Batman*

That sounds like fun!
    Kraven's Last Hunt did start as a Batman story DeMatteis was pitching.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably no one would've paid it much mind had it become a Wonder Man story...

Kids love dinosaurs. Why do you think Power Rangers (and its source material Super Sentai) went back to that well four times?
    The only theme they've used that often too.

MMPR season 1 (Zyuranger), Dino Thunder (Abaranger), Dino Charge (Kyoryuger) and Dino Fury (Ryusoulger) are all dinosaurs. MMPR season 3 (Kakuranger), Ninja Storm (Hurricaneger) and Ninja Steel (Ninninger) are ninjas. In Space (Megaranger), Lost Galaxy (Gingaman), and Cosmic Fury (Kyuranger) are space themed, though the first two were tech and animal themes in Japan. Most others are unique themes (a couple, namely Patranger reusing Dekaranger's police motif and Zyuohger reusing Gaoranger's animal motif, have been repeated in Japan but not been adapted). MMPR season 2, Zeo, and Megaforce seriously downplayed the motifs of their Japanese counterparts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would have been kinda odd having Kraven decide to hunt down Wonder Man as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only theme they've used that often too.

MMPR season 1 (Zyuranger), Dino Thunder (Abaranger), Dino Charge (Kyoryuger) and Dino Fury (Ryusoulger) are all dinosaurs. MMPR season 3 (Kakuranger), Ninja Storm (Hurricaneger) and Ninja Steel (Ninninger) are ninjas. In Space (Megaranger), Lost Galaxy (Gingaman), and Cosmic Fury (Kyuranger) are space themed, though the first two were tech and animal themes in Japan. Most others are unique themes (a couple, namely Patranger reusing Dekaranger's police motif and Zyuohger reusing Gaoranger's animal motif, have been repeated in Japan but not been adapted). MMPR season 2, Zeo, and Megaforce seriously downplayed the motifs of their Japanese counterparts.
    after watching dairanger im disappointed they skip that season in america
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That makes sense, it has the feel of a Batman story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It would have been kinda odd having Kraven decide to hunt down Wonder Man as well.
    I think the villain in the Wonder Man draft was supposed to be his brother, The Grim Reaper.

I think the villain in the Wonder Man draft was supposed to be his brother, The Grim Reaper.
    That's what I remember. Which made sense from a character perspective.