Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The Earth-One/Earth-Two thing might not have a definitive break but there are some things that make more sense that way. Weisinger's tendency to reuse stories is easier to take when you can assume the first use was Earth-2 and the later instance is Earth-1. Kal-L met Hal-Kar of Thoron while Kal-El met Lar Gand of Daxam rather than one Superman having two people assumed to be a long lost older brother. Same with the story about Superman and the IRS, the fake Inter-Planetary Olympics, and Superman spending a week trying out new identities after Clark is seen dying.
    Oh absolutely!

You can also safely assume that Mala, Kizo and U-Ban, the first Kryptonian villains who appeared in the comics, were from Earth 2, while General Zod was from Earth 1.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

George Perez Sketch.

Earth2SupermanPerez.jpg

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, the Bruce-Selina marriage was something retroactively established as taking place on Earth 2 in 1955.

Kathy Kane was introduced in 1956 and appeared in stories till around 1964 (sometime before the 'New Look' retool of the Batman books). 1956 is now being considered the starting point for the Silver Age Batman as well it seems (in fact, the Silver Age Batman Omnibus has the cover from the first issue featuring Kathy Kane as its cover). So she is very definitively a Silver Age character who existed on Earth 1.

However, an Earth 2 Kathy Kane was later also established as existing retroactively, and she was around in 1955 (appearing in the same story which revealed Bruce and Selina's marriage). She also appeared later in a story where the Earth 1 Batman ended up briefly on Earth 2 and teamed up with Dick and Kathy.

I just thought its an interesting coincidence that the first major divergence in Earth 2 Batman's life, compared to the Earth 1 Batman's, was his marriage to Selina in 1955. And 1956 is now considered the start of the Silver Age/Earth 1 Batman, and the Silver Age DCU in general.
    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I had thought it was tidbit I didn't know. T_T.