Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    A lot of people actually enjoyed Superior Spider-Man as it gave Spider-Man a temporary kick in the pants that it needed. It was more divided than the current run. Then again, I remember the Mackie outrage and the OMD outrage, and yet here we are. The book is pretty much going to be stuck in repeat forever and either we accept that or not.
    Well, Marvel pretty much figured that whatever way they can get people talking about a book is what they want. The thing they don't want is boring run that no body talks about. Unfortunately I think they have taken this to the extreme where nothing shocks readers anymore so the only buttons they have left to push is bad writing/characterization. Nothing outrages fans like throwing love characters under the bus and have them act in ways fans don't like. So for some reason destroying characters or loved things about the mythos seems to be Marvel's go to method of getting people to talk and complain and spread the word about a book.

Kind of smash the toys so everyone complains, and the casuals come by to check what the fuss is about. Unfortunately, this means the ones who are the biggest fans and most invested suffer for the sake of casuals to get a kick out of the show.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 02-23-2023 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the underlying issue with Superior was how much it dumbed characters down to make the story work and how it started to highlight Slotts' underlying issue with writing Peter (and how much he'll go to bat for Doc Ock).
    Interpretations of underlying faults upon actual inspection is one thing; the vocal knee-jerk reactions from people not even bothering to surface-level read the story was something quite different.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Interpretations of underlying faults upon actual inspection is one thing; the vocal knee-jerk reactions from people not even bothering to surface-level read the story was something quite different.
    I mean, I read Superior so I feel legitimate in my criticisms .

I mean, I read Superior so I feel legitimate in my criticisms .
    That's what I'm saying, I can appreciate thoughts from someone who bothered to actually read it.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I'd like to remind everyone that we're reading an ongoing story, and "Feeling worried about Peter's\MJ's relationship," and "Will Peter x Felicia last?" is where the creative team wants us. The shock and worry you feel is a feature, not a bug.

Suspense! Mystery! Drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I'd like to remind everyone that we're reading an ongoing story, and "Feeling worried about Peter's\MJ's relationship," and "Will Peter x Felicia last?" is where the creative team wants us. The shock and worry you feel is a feature, not a bug.

But is it being executed well and not in a way that makes the characters look bad...

Fantastic Member

Premise and execution could not be further away if one were at the peak of Everest and the other at the bottom of the Mariana trench

BANNED

Radio silence from Lowe this week LMFAO

Normally he’d be posting none stop on social media.

I suspect he knows he’s gone too far with the sister line.

Every time he posts he’ll probably be met with deliverance gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Radio silence from Lowe this week LMFAO

Normally he’d be posting none stop on social media.

I suspect he knows he’s gone too far with the sister line.

Every time he posts he’ll probably be met with deliverance gifs.
    or he can have some serious real life issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Premise and execution could not be further away if one were at the peak of Everest and the other at the bottom of the Mariana trench
    Quoting for truth.

But is it being executed well and not in a way that makes the characters look bad...
    Also quoting for truth.

If we are supposed to care about the characters and their relationships, it's not being coded in the story. Any care or emotional investment the reader has in either relationship was earned by previous writers in previous stories. It has not been earned in this run.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 02-25-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Biggest POS issue to date.

The execution has been horrendous. It's just meaningless drama for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    That's the conclusion I would draw, as well.

90K is a very generous figure. I'd say the average was more around 65K-75K, while Batman stayed steady around 100K-90K in the same time period.

Just showing that even an echo chamber is souring on the run!

and moving on...

Y'know what I think is the most disappointing thing about this run? Peter is now just a quitter.

He gave up on bringing Tombstone to justice (he had a rationalization, but it was just a rationalization). He begged for help from Norman. He decided he was going to die against the Hobgoblins before Norman showed up to rescue him. He laid down and decided he was going to lose an eye before Rek-Rap came to save him. He's given up on Ben apparently. And now he's given up on his love for MJ.

He's just...sad, now. Has no fight. Just rolls over to takes the punches and waits for someone else to save the day or make him feel better.
    Has he really given up on his live for MJ? Stalker behavior says otherwise.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

They should have used “cousin” instead of “sister”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They should have used “cousin” instead of “sister”
    He'll tell MJ later that he thinks of Felicia as a cousin.