Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

I know everyone is focused on the "sister" line, but this was such a stupid thing to have the Black Cat say.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This paints a very different picture to the majority voice on here who'd categorise this as a 0-2 out of 5 (myself included).

This is the general market who just buy their books, read them and apparently enjoy them at least enough for a lowest rating of 3.8/5, which is very much in the good/enjoyable territory.

That's the bulk of the readership.
    Considering how popular boring ass **** like MCU and Triple A games are, I'm so not surprised that ASM is the comic book equivalent, popular no matter what lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Depends if they accept her as MJ most people here don’t so I won’t be surprised if some in editorial do
    Michelle is usually accepted as MCU's Mary Jane anyways... It's even pointed out around here once in a while that Zendaya actually could sound like a more comic book accurate MJ if they allowed her to be herself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Y'know what I think is the most disappointing thing about this run? Peter is now just a quitter.

He gave up on bringing Tombstone to justice (he had a rationalization, but it was just a rationalization). He begged for help from Norman. He decided he was going to die against the Hobgoblins before Norman showed up to rescue him. He laid down and decided he was going to lose an eye before Rek-Rap came to save him. He's given up on Ben apparently. And now he's given up on his love for MJ.

He's just...sad, now. Has no fight. Just rolls over to takes the punches and waits for someone else to save the day or make him feel better.
    Come on man, give him a break, he wants death's sweet release so he can escape from this run .

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    I barely post here, but lets just say the reactions here are MILD compared to others sections of the internet. Reddit is a warzone because of the recent issues, Facebook groups, and the comments section where you can read the issues for free have turned into truly negative spaces. The negative comments here are rather kind compared to what I've read elsewhere.
    CBR is more heavily moderated than the usual internet website, so that's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the underlying issue with Superior was how much it dumbed characters down to make the story work and how it started to highlight Slotts' underlying issue with writing Peter (and how much he'll go to bat for Doc Ock).
    One thing that shows this is how Otto felt more like a three dimensional character compared to Slott's Spidey.

Like, sometimes in Slott's run, Spidey only reacts to stuff if the plot requires him to, like how in Spider-Island he's barely upset over Carlie breaking up with him.

Slott's Otto reacts more, he is a better protagonist than Slott's Spidey, that is a good point Superior has over the usual ASM issue written by him, but it also shows that his Spidey is kinda whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Well, Marvel pretty much figured that whatever way they can get people talking about a book is what they want. The thing they don't want is boring run that no body talks about. Unfortunately I think they have taken this to the extreme where nothing shocks readers anymore so the only buttons they have left to push is bad writing/characterization. Nothing outrages fans like throwing love characters under the bus and have them act in ways fans don't like. So for some reason destroying characters or loved things about the mythos seems to be Marvel's go to method of getting people to talk and complain and spread the word about a book.

Kind of smash the toys so everyone complains, and the casuals come by to check what the fuss is about. Unfortunately, this means the ones who are the biggest fans and most invested suffer for the sake of casuals to get a kick out of the show.
    And even that doesn't have that much outrage because of how long Marvel has been fucking Spidey up.

If this run came out after OMD, it would be even more hated, 'cause this is worse than BND lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I'd like to remind everyone that we're reading an ongoing story, and "Feeling worried about Peter's\MJ's relationship," and "Will Peter x Felicia last?" is where the creative team wants us. The shock and worry you feel is a feature, not a bug.

Suspense! Mystery! Drama!
    What about frustration over bad dialogue and characterization? Is that a feature too? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They should have used “cousin” instead of “sister”
    That would only be slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He'll tell MJ later that he thinks of Felicia as a cousin.
    And that's if he's in a good mood, despite post OMD trying to push Spidey/Felicia more, he consistently doesn't think about her that much, to the point Felicia needed to cry in front of him for him to decide to reveal his identity to her again lol.

I know everyone is focused on the "sister" line, but this was such a stupid thing to have the Black Cat say.
    That's a line more fitting with a dork, silver age-like hero to say.

Although it can still work decently enough if you imagine she's saying this with a pretty sarcastic tone lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I think it works in context .

BANNED

No matter how good or bad the mystery box is, we know where it leads.

To a garbage Spider-Man run, where he gets beaten by tombstone, vulture, works for Norman and gets called a stalker every issue.

No amount of butt kissing from mainstream media will change that.

AIPT, CBR, Spider Talk, beat, comicbook ,Newsarama (R.I.P) etc need to be honest about this and not fear them.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 02-23-2023 at 11:39 PM.

I think it works in context .
    Aren't you a Peter x Felicia shipper? This has gotta be like catnip to you.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Considering how popular boring ass **** like MCU and Triple A games are, I'm so not surprised that ASM is the comic book equivalent, popular no matter what lol.
    100%, because most people just want unchallenging fun from their entertainment, and always more of the same.

That's not necessarily a bad thing but, as that's where the big money is, it ironically tends to leave those who look for more and different with a lot less choice.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

I don't think Kelly is a bad writer he's just constricted by the guidelines of this run. Dodson's art was really really bad.

currency is money she likes money
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I don't think Kelly is a bad writer he's just constricted by the guidelines of this run. Dodson's art was really really bad.
    I smell the stink of Editorial in this, it reeks of their interference on an otherwise good writter, don't know about the art though.

Personaly, i love Peter and Felicia as much as Peter and MJ...but this has been a travesty and an insult to that love i feel right from the start with the handling of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They should have used “cousin” instead of “sister”
    Ah yes, Sailor Moon dub moment... "they're not into each other, they' re just cousins"

I ship quality relationships .

I ship quality relationships .
    Ah, you ship Spider-Man with new writers and editors.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    100%, because most people just want unchallenging fun from their entertainment, and always more of the same.
    That and brand recognition, plenty if stuff will sell more just because it's from a specific franchise or has a specific person involved, even if it sucks lol.

That's not necessarily a bad thing but, as that's where the big money is, it ironically tends to leave those who look for more and different with a lot less choice.
    It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's most definitely not a good thing, 'cause like you said, it leaves less choice for people who want different stuff, and it also affects people wanting to make something different, 'cause it may be refused just because it's too risky, which's why on the gaming side, Indies are the ones more likely to experiment with different stuff, and on the comic book side, less popular titles are more likely to get actual significant changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I smell the stink of Editorial in this, it reeks of their interference on an otherwise good writter, don't know about the art though.
    ASM is a title that hardly ever ends up late, and it's released twice per month, it's most likely that the art was rushed for the sake of getting it out early.

And that's without considering possible changes because editorial told the artist to make 'em too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Ah yes, Sailor Moon dub moment... "they're not into each other, they' re just cousins"
    "They're girls, and they're cousins too!"

Cue to everyone being shocked.

Ah, you ship Spider-Man with new writers and editors.
    spoilers:
    Bad quality is still quality right? .
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    So much for "filler arc!"

By golly, this'll get people talking. The spoilers:
    sister
    end of spoilersline will haunt the internets, sans context, as it usually goes. But yeah, the narrative direction from the first arc, thru 900, the asking out to here is crystal clear, right? Let's see if developments in the next arc will do anything to stifle or subvert it. I honestly don't know! How exciting!

And, yeah, glad the big reveal is coming. Once you drop and issue like this one, you gotta justify it.

Sublime art, fun banter, exciting developments. All in all, great issue! There, I said it! And I mean it, too!

Attachment 129686
    Oh, so you are the one person that liked this story arc. Got it.