Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Marvel is now publishing 2 issues a month. That context makes all the difference.
    Two years worth of a monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    If Mary Jane's bailing out on Peter referring to is her leaving him after he webbed himself up in a web cocoon, I don't believe that's her bailing out on him.

She went away to sort out her own family problems. She was thinking that how can she help Peter deal with his family problems if she doesn't deal with her own problems.

She had second thoughts about leaving for she didn't want to leave Peter because she thought Peter needed her, but her Aunt Anna pushed her to go see her family and go resolve things with them.

I don't think that Mary Jane was bailing out and running away from Peter.

She was trying to resolve her own family stuff, and she did.

She made up with her father.
    This! It quite telling when someone who is not too keen on Peter and MJ as a couple, has either a revisionist history or a faulty memory, that tends to paint MJ in a bad light in their history together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    If Mary Jane's bailing out on Peter referring to is her leaving him after he webbed himself up in a web cocoon, I don't believe that's her bailing out on him.

She went away to sort out her own family problems. She was thinking that how can she help Peter deal with his family problems if she doesn't deal with her own problems.

She had second thoughts about leaving for she didn't want to leave Peter because she thought Peter needed her, but her Aunt Anna pushed her to go see her family and go resolve things with them.

I don't think that Mary Jane was bailing out and running away from Peter.

She was trying to resolve her own family stuff, and she did.

She made up with her father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This! It quite telling when someone who is not too keen on Peter and MJ as a couple, has either a revisionist history or a faulty memory, that tends to paint MJ in a bad light in their history together.
    The people Peter believed to be his parents had just died, he found out they were part of an evil plot set in motion by his best friend, then May had a stroke and was in a coma. She left to meet with her dad, who she'd not thought about on the page in ASM for years. She left a vague note that didn't explain anything to Peter. I read the LifeTheft epic two weeks ago. My memory is not faulty and I'm not shading what happened. Peter was in intense pain from severe mental trauma and was pushing her away, so she left. That is bailing. She bailed. You don't go "work on yourself" when your spouse is dealing with stuff like that, sorry.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The people Peter believed to be his parents had just died, he found out they were part of an evil plot set in motion by his best friend, then May had a stroke and was in a coma. She left to meet with her dad, who she'd not thought about on the page in ASM for years. She left a vague note that didn't explain anything to Peter. I read the LifeTheft epic two weeks ago. My memory is not faulty and I'm not shading what happened. Peter was in intense pain from severe mental trauma and was pushing her away, so she left. That is bailing. She bailed. You don't go "work on yourself" when your spouse is dealing with stuff like that, sorry.
    Peter was in pain so he bailed on MJ, so MJ worked on herself because she understood that in order for her to go back and help him get through his grief she needed to get through hers. Stop framing it as bailing on him. He bailed on her first and wouldn't let her get close. You are also not framing in context that Peter had been doing this for quite some time to her with his grief and was being very selfish at the time. She needed to take a break and made the mature and correct decision.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 02-27-2023 at 12:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Peter was in pain so he bailed on MJ, so MJ worked on herself because she understood that in order for her to go back and help him get through his grief she needed to get through hers. Stop framing it as bailing on him. He bailed on her first and wouldn't let her get close. You are also not framing in context that Peter had been doing this for quite some time to her with his grief and was being very selfish at the time. She needed to take a break and made the mature and correct decision.
    Great points!

Mary Jane was going to change her mind, but her Anna pushed her to go and resolve things with her family.

That was the mature and correct decision.

It was not bailing out on him.
    The man webbed himself up in a cocoon and created a literal barrier between him and his wife

She was triggered to go and resolve her own family problems which enable her to help Peter resolve his family problems.

That's not even close to bailing.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.