Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

We’re really at the this is just embarrassing phase

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    These issues reinforce my view that I never liked Joe Kelly as a Spider-man writer, thats why I never bother wasting my money on his Savage Spider-man mini series and stuff.(athough Bachalo art is also a turn off)
    Bachalo only did Non-Stop Spider-Man. Savage Spider-Man, which continued the story begun in Non-Stop, was Gerardo Sandoval. Still, I do see your point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Saw the offending page posted online. I'm getting pretty sick of it all.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 02-21-2023 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Changed words.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I wonder how Peter feels about his sister Teresa...
    Last edited by Gnostic; 02-21-2023 at 08:03 PM.

No more BND writers. The franchise needs to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I wonder how Peter feels about his sister Teresa...
    This actually made me laugh out loud, thanks

Mighty Member

Hahahaha sister?!?! I mean I get the idea here is that Peter isn't quite being honest with Felicia, but really? They had to make him say that nonsense? After the man was thinking about another proposal to MJ? Lmao

The fact that this is all happening after like a few months of a break up or something... Peter looks ridiculous. Felicia looks ridiculous. They're really just dragging these characters through the mud and I'm not sure what the end goal is here. This whole direction is truly puzzling.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, it's clearly a gaff on Peter's part. But it's still horrendous that they're being written like high school kids.

It's also clearly an example of the writer talking through the characters. There was no natural buildup to this.

Fantastic Member

Really dislike this current run... not so much the MJ thing, because I figure they'll constantly do the 'will they/won't they' between her and Peter for future runs from here on... I'm more annoyed with the terrible writing, Ben as a baddie (Though I like the Chasm get-up and alteration of his powers), and... it's just bland. Bland and Bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    I literally don’t have time for this anymore. It’s not 2007 and I’m not 25, I’m 40 and getting older. I’d like to see these characters make actual lasting progress before I get any older or sicker.
    Haven't reached 30 yet. But I'm hoping by the time I get to 40, the "OMD Mephisto era" is a thing of the past that is viewed as just one big extended Clone Saga and character progression is brought back to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    To be fair, it's clearly a gaff on Peter's part. But it's still horrendous that they're being written like high school kids.

It's also clearly an example of the writer talking through the characters. There was no natural buildup to this.
    And I'm just wondering what they're going to do to end the relationship with Felicia. I'm betting either Peter looks like an ass and dumps Felicia when MJ is available again. Or Felicia takes another Queen pin heel turn or does something completely immoral that compromises her relationship with Peter.

Best case scenario is Felicia pulls herself out of the equation and tries to reunite Pete and MJ. (But they don't exactly have a track record for being judicious and cautious about character portrayals so I'm not optimistic.)

This run seems like an exercise in writing yourself into a corner and then trying to figure a way out while (hopefully) causing the least amount of damage possible.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 02-21-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Oh, right, the Black Cat romance is clearly supposed to be the "one good thing" going on in Peter's life right now. The fact that it's not shows how badly these people have screwed up. They've just butchered Felicia's character so she can be Peter's pathetic rebound until MJ returns his calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Oh, right, the Black Cat romance is clearly supposed to be the "one good thing" going on in Peter's life right now. The fact that it's not shows how badly these people have screwed up. They've just butchered Felicia's character so she can be Peter's pathetic rebound until MJ returns his calls.
    I know we're not on the same page per this run, but that's just factually incorrect. The first pages of issue #19 has Spidey muse about doing good at his Oscorp job and being on point in his Spidey-game in addition to the ongoing Spidey-Cat romance.

spoilers:
    Anyway, the creatives are full steam ahead with Felicia. Now would be a swell time for MJ to take a hiatus in Iron Man or Cap Marvel, for her own sake.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I know we're not on the same page per this run, but that's just factually incorrect. The first pages of issue #19 has Spidey muse about doing good at his Oscorp job and being on point in his Spidey-game in addition to the ongoing Spidey-Cat romance.

spoilers:
    Anyway, the creatives are full steam ahead with Felicia. Now would be a swell time for MJ to take a hiatus in Iron Man or Cap Marvel, for her own sake.
    end of spoilers
    Once again, none of that stuff is penetrating through Spidey comic fandom's ire with this run. Everything is so unearned for the audience to buy into.

spoilers:
    This is why I think Paul and the kids are going to make their exit after the mystery box is opened. It's love triangle time.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Joe Kelly also created and try to make happen Norah Winters, a discount Joy Mercado which I rather they bring back. Norah is more annoying and obnoxious. I like how Spencer tried to make Norah purposely more unlikable.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Joe Kelly also created and try to make happen Norah Winters, a discount Joy Mercado which I rather they bring back. Norah is more annoying and obnoxious. I like how Spencer tried to make Norah purposely more unlikable.
    And a credit to Greg Rucka, who managed to make her an interesting, layered character in his excellent Punisher run.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!