View Poll Results: Are Marvel Studios been Hypocrites in bringing back Fox Characters

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 13.04%
  • No

20 86.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are Marvel Studios been Hypocrites?

What gives. Sir Ian Mckellen is said to be returning to Marvel as Magneto?

https://comicbookmovie.com/avengers/...0516#gs.poq176

Fox rightfully got a lot of criticism for using Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine way too much. Why is Marvel also now trying to use them, mostly when these characters got a decent send off in the Fox films.

Xavier has already appeared in MOM. Patrick Stewart has alluded we may be getting more of him. Why?

Ian Mckellen now may be alluding he is back as the character.

Wolverine is in Deadpool 3.

All this characters had their time in the sun that is and should be over. Why is Marvel bringing them back and trying to make a big splash with them again before they introduce their own X-Men. Has Marvel studios ever even looked at the X-Men Universe.

Ian McKellen looks quite too old to be Magneto again and so does Stewart. Bringing back again and again makes little sense.
    Last edited by Fridays; 02-16-2023 at 01:12 PM.

That's not how "hypocrisy" works. Did Marvel Studios ever criticize the Fox films for using these actors? No? Then it's not hypocritical for them to use them now.

Also, we have no clue how they'll be used, so claiming they're focusing on them too much is premature.

Astonishing Member

Short answer: No

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO

I don’t understand what makes them hypocrites. Nothing in the OP even alludes to that.

A bit of unsolicited advice...

Whenever "News..." is coming from a site that sounds anything like "ComicBookMovie.Com..."/"ComicBookMovieNews.Com..."/You Get The Picture?

I ask myself a really simple question.

It goes a little something like this -

"Man, Would You Bet Both Ears That This Garbage Will Wind Up Panning Out?..."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It makes them lazy and short sighted if they do not hypocrites. Recast and move on.

I don't think you quite grasp the concept of hypocrisy.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Sorry, I couldn't get past the title of this thread. What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post

Fox rightfully got a lot of criticism for using Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine way too much. Why is Marvel also now trying to use them, mostly when these characters got a decent send off in the Fox films.

Xavier has already appeared in MOM. Patrick Stewart has alluded we may be getting more of him. Why?

All this characters had their time in the sun that is and should be over. Why is Marvel bringing them back and trying to make a big splash with them again before they introduce their own X-Men. Has Marvel studios ever even looked at the X-Men Universe.

Ian McKellen looks quite too old to be Magneto again and so does Stewart. Bringing back again and again makes little sense.
    What would be the hypocrisy? Its not like they said they wouldn't use them. Unless you are trying to draw a comparison between them recasting Spider-Man. But even that feels like a stretch.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Calling people/things/other entities hypocritical based on a rumor is silly, full-stop.

I can create a variety of scenarios and claim someone's a hypocrite over it.

Like someone proclaiming one movie is "artistic" for it's dependence on the use of CGI, but then claiming other films "use too much and rely too heavily on CGI" is a negative.

If you know, you know.

What I really want to know is, will they use the always in giant steel guy mode version of Colossus from the Deadpool movies for the eventual Colossus x Kitty Pryde romance?
    Because that'd be awesome.

I mean, if it’s true, it’s clearly just to pad out the multiverse aspect in the multiverse saga.

I am completely sure that they will not be the permanent cast going forward.

However neither option is hypocritical - “laziness” is more debatable, but it really depends on what they do with the actors/characters. If they do something interesting that really works for McKellan’s Magneto, I don’t see a problem with it. I liked Patrick Stewart in Multiverse of Madness, and it gave us a chance to see him use his powers in a different/fun/out their way than on the X films. And he was the nicest guy on the Illuminati. I think it was worth bringing him back for that, so if they have something else they can do with him before he’s literally too old to play him anymore then go for it.

But I would welcome new actors to the roles for the “616” versions of the characters. And I think that’s the route they’ll go

Incredible Member

I can’t wait for the meltdown when an MCU X-Men movie actually drops. It doesn’t matter if it’s great or terrible the histrionics will be worth it.

I don't see how. While, if they must reboot, I'd rather see characters that Fox didn't overuse get the spotlight, it's not like Marvel Studios objected to the practice or went on record that they would do better by being a lot different or anything. Heck, they have brought back actors to reprise old non-MCU roles before with success.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post

How on earth is that "hypocrisy"? No one from Marvel Studios ever commented on the 'overuse' of Wolverine, Xavier or Magneto.

If anything, a decision to bring McKellen back is in line with what Kevin Feige said when NWH came out - that some pre-MCU castings were so perfect that it didn't make sense to recast them (he was talking in the context of Norman Osborn and Doc Ock). I don't fully agree with that, and frankly, I think if they want to bring back a previous Xavier or Magneto, it makes more sense for it to be McAvoy and Fassbender. But I'd love to see McKellan in the role again! (Stewart's return was my one highlight of MoM).