Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default May 2023 solicitations

May solicits are out. Who would've expected a Liz Allan solo book? There's also a bunch of other new #1s, including Spider-Man 2099, Silk, and of course, Avengers.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-reboot-...-may-solicits/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Never felt so underwhelmed by Marvel sollicitations.
    So many, way too many Spider/symbiotes related comics. There is less and less diversity in the comics.
    And there are 3 different Avengers series, but all are featuring basically the same old, classic Avengers. I miss post Secret Wars Marvel
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spider-Man is definitely Marvel's Batman, lol. Don't be surprised if another Avengers book launches in June. If not then, definitely July. It'd spin out of the FCBD X-Men/Avengers comic (it's probably Uncanny Avengers vol 4).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

DAN ABNETT BACK AT MARVEL! This makes me really excited.

Another light month for me; I think marvel has lost their marbles.��

ASM 25 & 26
    Ghost Rider 14
    Moon Knight 23
    Red Goblin 4
    Spiderman 8
    Last edited by chachi; 02-20-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So many, way too many Spider/symbiotes related comics. There is less and less diversity in the comics.
    And there are 3 different Avengers series, but all are featuring basically the same old, classic Avengers. I miss post Secret Wars Marvel
    I thought it was just me. My eyes were glazing over with all the symbiotes and Spider-Man books.

I can't believe there are two Ghost Rider ONGOINGS and now a mini-series?!?!

If it weren't for Jed McKay, I'd be out of here.

Doctor Strange and Clea and going to TRY the Avengers.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-16-2023 at 10:22 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Avengers
    Doctor Strange
    Fantastic Four
    Moon Knight

Truthfully I will be getting a lot more than those 4 but I'm not particularly excited for them so they don't deserve to be listed with the Jed Mackay books that have me hyped AF and the breath of fresh air that is North's FF run.
    Last edited by Steroid; 02-16-2023 at 08:19 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm a big-time Spider-Man fan, but even I can agree that's a bit much when there are so many (other) great characters that aren't getting (as much) spotlight or recognition from Marvel. The last thing I want is for Spidey to end up where Batman is over at DC, with his ubiquity making him outright resented if not flat-out hated by a significant portion of the readership for getting most of the company's attention, effort, and investment. As for missing post-Secret Wars Marvel, there was at least a good-faith effort to expand the image and representation of what superheroes could or should look like, before the whole thing got bogged down in B.S.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yayyy....the return of Symbiote events .

Personally, I’m A LOT more excited about Marvel right now than I am about DC, and have been for the last year or so!
    That said, I agree....WAY too many Spider books!

Pretty strong month for me.

ONGOING
    Avengers #1
    Captain Marvel #49
    Daredevil #11
    Dr. Strange #3
    Fantastic Four #7
    Immortal X-Men #11
    Scarlet Witch #5
    She-Hulk #13
    X-Men #22
    X-Men Red #11

MINIS
    Avengers War Across Time #5
    Avengers Beyond #3
    Hellcat #3
    Rogue & Gambit #3
    Last edited by SilverScarlet; 02-16-2023 at 07:28 PM.

In a previous thread talking about characters that no longer felt popular I put Venom as one of them. After seeing that list how wrong I was lol. Spider-Man and Venom dominated that list. I am excited to see Silk though, haven't read Silk material in awhile.

I'll be getting:
    Avengers #1(Really hyped for this run.)
    Avengers #1 Facsimile Edition
    Iron Man #1 Facsimile Edition
    Avengers: War Across Time #5
    Avengers Beyond #3
    Invincible Iron Man #6
    I Am Iron Man #3

Lot of Avengers books I'm very much looking forward to and the more Iron Man the merrier.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Lordy, that's a lot of symbiotes lmao. Sure, why not. There are 17-year olds out there somewhere

Avengers #1
    Immortal X-Men #11
    Scarlet Witch #5
    X-Men #22
    X-Men Red #11
    Rogue & Gambit #3
    ASM #25 & 26
    Moon Knight 23
    Hallow's Eve #3

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Dropping Spiderman book - Damn End of Spiderverse is going on forever.
    Yeah, weirded out by that. Chances are it's just solicits-speak for "the last arc had consequences that carry over into this first new issue of a brand new story"

The solicit specifically says "End of Spider-Verse continues".

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    In a previous thread talking about characters that no longer felt popular I put Venom as one of them. After seeing that list how wrong I was lol. Spider-Man and Venom dominated that list. I am excited to see Silk though, haven't read Silk material in awhile.
    Read this week's Spider-Man. It's pretty much a what if tale, about if Peter never became Spider-Man but Cindy still became Silk. spoilers:
    It's actually in continuity - Peter was severed from the web last issue and reality's been altered - turns out that without him being around, Cindy refuses to go into the bunker and ends up fighting all the enemies he would've. Peter ends up becoming her technical support guy, building spider-tracers and other tech that he would've used as Spider-Man. The timeline will probably be reset in a later issue, as there's no way they'll leave Peter (and Jessica Drew) in that situation.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2023 at 02:39 AM.