Mighty Member

Default How would you "END" the BTAS universe?

What would your "final" story for BTAS and it's characters be?

Batman Beyond is a POSSIBLE future. Slott slammed the door shut on a lotta characters during his BA run. How would you end the "modern day" version?

Bruce/Selina wedding? Final fate of Andrea/Joker etc?

Harley and Ivy gave up the crime thing. They found a better way to make loads of money involving webcams....

Your ideas?

The Titans take over for the League.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Since I love Mask of the Phantasm, I figure that my idea would be a sequel of sorts to end the "present" BTASverse:

Andrea Beaumont returns to a non-vigilante normal quiet life in Europe, she falls in love with a dark handsome French man (himself an ex-criminal), but The Phantasm returns. Batman investigates thinking he's on the trail of Andrea. But this Phantasm leaves very subtle clues that it's the Joker (who is perhaps working with still-mad Arthur Reeves as an underling), and indeed it is Joker/Reeves.

However, Andrea is also investigating, and Joker traps her, he's gonna kill her out of revenge. But Batman saves Andrea. Then Andrea manages to kill The Joker despite Batman trying to prevent it. Having got the last laugh so to speak but blinded by love/fear Andrea escapes back to her French lover, but she feels a lot of guilt (guilt she thought she had rid herself of, but Bruce brought it all back), they think they've eluded Batman, but Batman finds her. Batman tells her despite her changed life that she killed people and there is no other way but going back with him ("It has to be that way"), so Andrea tells her lover goodbye and that she has to go with Batman back to Gotham to face her crimes. A virtuous and tragic end, Andrea can't escape her past just as Bruce can't, but perhaps they can redeem each other.

(so the end has a Point Break kinda vibe, with Batman again sticking hard to his principles even in the changed face of an old friend and lover, since Batman's life, his lover, his lady is justice)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-17-2023 at 08:53 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

I'd end it on a romantic note...

LGBT.JPG

Where it ended in Return of the Joker. Bruce going to visit Tim in the hospital. That's where BTAS universe ended. People I guess can count the "Terry is really a clone of Bruce." episode if they want to. But I think if BTAS Universe ended the way Batman Beyond Return of the Joker ended, it'd be fitting.

well, I like to think of B:TAS as the pre-cursor to Batman: Beyond, sooo.... yeah... Batman: Beyond is a continuation of the same universe. OOH! didn't BB get used in that weird time travel episode of JLU?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well, I like to think of B:TAS as the pre-cursor to Batman: Beyond, sooo.... yeah... Batman: Beyond is a continuation of the same universe. OOH! didn't BB get used in that weird time travel episode of JLU?
    That it did. Along with the son of Shayera and John Stewart that was never referenced again.