Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The rush of information is a little weird
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

^ Indeed. Feels like a rush job - but maybe with the right talent and a good story we'll end up with something special. I've certainly wanted a smaller stakes Hellboy movie. We'll have to wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ Indeed. Feels like a rush job - but maybe with the right talent and a good story we'll end up with something special. I've certainly wanted a smaller stakes Hellboy movie. We'll have to wait and see...
    I'm not very optimistic.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

^ Me neither, but I'd love to be surprised!

4th time is the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The rush of information is a little weird
    Seems like the info leaked and now they are rushing out official announcements. May not have been planning to do it quite yet

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Seems like the info leaked and now they are rushing out official announcements. May not have been planning to do it quite yet
    Yep, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm not a fan of that kind of mentality, there's no shame in being honest. George Clooney famously told people in the lead up to Batman and Robin that if they saw it then he was sorry and he'd pay them back the cost of the ticket if they stopped him in the street and asked.

And in my opinion I'd rather watch Batman and Robin again than the last Hellboy.
    I don't think that the comparison is fair. Clooney is a name and can say more than others, Mignola very obviously wants his work adapted and probably wants to be as nice to everyone as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think that the comparison is fair. Clooney is a name and can say more than others, Mignola very obviously wants his work adapted and probably wants to be as nice to everyone as possible.
    Anyone can be honest, especially when doing the opposite just makes you less likely to be believed in the future. He said the last film was amazing, and by far the best adaptation of his work and how proud he was to be a part of it...if he says the same here is anyone going to believe him?

Shill is bad and shouldn't be excused.

Apparently Jack Kesy has been cast as Hellboy and while I know make up can do a lot to alter an appearance he just doesn't seem to have the right look or physique to play Hellboy to me.

Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 03-06-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Apparently principle photography has completed...after just about a month and a half. Not feeling warm fuzzy feelings so far even if Mignola claims the dailies he saw were the greatest Hellboy movie to date.