Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Xena vs. Ant-Man (MCU)

Who wins this fight?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Who wins this fight?
    Even based on Endgame feats, Scott destroys her. Grow big, smash.

Based on Quantumania, the answer is even more obvious. Xena is toast.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Fantastic Member

What about later seasons Xena who has the power to kill Gods?

Scott has never been a god, so he should be safe.

I don't specifically recall Xena's latter-season feats, but being a "god killer" often means very little.

For instance, she's never beating Superman, Martian Manhunter, Sentry, Doctor Doom etc - and none of them are gods. Plenty of characters who aren't gods are more powerful than those that are in certain media.

Buffy killed a god once - there's no way she's beating Ant-Man.

He presses a button, grows to a size big enough to one-punch a Chitauari Leviathan, then steps on Xena.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I don't specifically recall Xena's latter-season feats, but being a "god killer" often means very little.

For instance, she's never beating Superman, Martian Manhunter, Sentry, Doctor Doom etc - and none of them are gods. Plenty of characters who aren't gods are more powerful than those that are in certain media.

Buffy killed a god once - there's no way she's beating Ant-Man.

He presses a button, grows to a size big enough to one-punch a Chitauari Leviathan, then steps on Xena.
    Basically, the Greek gods on "Xena" were "invulnerable" except for a list of things a mile long. But "invulnerable" just meant "can't be killed". They could still be hurt but they wouldn't die. Xena temporarily had the power to ignore that. If she hit them in a way that would kill a human being, it killed them. Not pertinent here at all.

I haven't seen Quantumania yet but even based on the feats I've seen before that, she has no chance. By the way, the consensus from long ago was that Xena almost casually beats Buffy. I'd put her on the level of some versions of Batman though I don't want a big argument over saying that as it's been hashed out on very old threads. But considering the things Antman has done, no. BUT, I think Paul Rudd and Lucy Lawless being in scenes together would make a movie I'd pay to see.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Basically, the Greek gods on "Xena" were "invulnerable" except for a list of things a mile long. But "invulnerable" just meant "can't be killed". They could still be hurt but they wouldn't die. Xena temporarily had the power to ignore that. If she hit them in a way that would kill a human being, it killed them. Not pertinent here at all.

I haven't seen Quantumania yet but even based on the feats I've seen before that, she has no chance. By the way, the consensus from long ago was that Xena almost casually beats Buffy. I'd put her on the level of some versions of Batman though I don't want a big argument over saying that as it's been hashed out on very old threads. But considering the things Antman has done, no. BUT, I think Paul Rudd and Lucy Lawless being in scenes together would make a movie I'd pay to see.
    Quantumania feats are similar but higher magnitude than Endgame. Bigger, tougher, stronger, more creative.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Xena might be able to put a knife/chakram/sword in Scott's forehead before he can activate his powers, but that's really her only chance and I don't think she's quite got the feats to hit a target 100 feet away before Scott can shrink/embiggen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Xena might be able to put a knife/chakram/sword in Scott's forehead before he can activate his powers, but that's really her only chance and I don't think she's quite got the feats to hit a target 100 feet away before Scott can shrink/embiggen.
    Agreed. Oh, she could easily hit a target a hundred feet away exactly where she wants to hit. But probably not soon enough to prevent Scott from growing. Then, the only question is how vulnerable are some parts of him at giant size?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Agreed. Oh, she could easily hit a target a hundred feet away exactly where she wants to hit. But probably not soon enough to prevent Scott from growing. Then, the only question is how vulnerable are some parts of him at giant size?
    Not particularly vulnerable.

He takes an extended massive barrage of hard-hitting full auto energy weapon fire with no damage at all. He uses his body to smash some building sized rings spinning VERY quickly, again, no damage. Stuff like that.

Incredible Member

Buffy killed a god once
    Beg your pardon, but no she didn't. It was Giles that did that. Furthermore it was flat-out stated in the series that said 'god' was greatly weakened by being sealed into a human host

Buffy: She's tough yeah, but no bolts of lightning, no blasts of fire. Shouldn't a god be able to do that kind of stuff?

Giles: Usually yes, but being in human form must be severely limiting her powers.

That's how Giles did it, he killed the human host.

- there's no way she's beating Ant-Man.
    True.

Fantastic Member

Cool. I remember that. But nothing she did there would hurt Giant-Man.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

She gained the powers to kill, specifically, the Olympian gods. Like, say, if she swung a sword at Zeus, she'd kill him. But obviously, if she swung that same sword at Superman, the sword would break.

Actually, given Superman's vulnerable to magic, I'm honestly not sure if that was a good example.

But either way, if Scott can toggle his size to escape automatic weapons fire (from Falcon), he can do so to escape a skilled warrior swinging a sword.

If he grows gigantic, there's literally nothing she could do to him. Same with if he goes small. Xena has impressive physical stats, but not microscopic vision.

Look, if he was stupid enough to grow to normal size right in front of her, and he stood there while she impaled him with her sword or punched him in the face to render him unconscious ... okay, sure, she'd win the fight, but that would require Scott to have the intelligence of a pigeon, so, doubtful.

Edit -- am I wrong in thinking that Xena versus the Black Widow would be a much more interesting fight?
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    She gained the powers to kill, specifically, the Olympian gods. Like, say, if she swung a sword at Zeus, she'd kill him. But obviously, if she swung that same sword at Superman, the sword would break.

Actually, given Superman's vulnerable to magic, I'm honestly not sure if that was a good example.

But either way, if Scott can toggle his size to escape automatic weapons fire (from Falcon), he can do so to escape a skilled warrior swinging a sword.

If he grows gigantic, there's literally nothing she could do to him. Same with if he goes small. Xena has impressive physical stats, but not microscopic vision.

Look, if he was stupid enough to grow to normal size right in front of her, and he stood there while she impaled him with her sword or punched him in the face to render him unconscious ... okay, sure, she'd win the fight, but that would require Scott to have the intelligence of a pigeon, so, doubtful.

Edit -- am I wrong in thinking that Xena versus the Black Widow would be a much more interesting fight?
    As long as you take guns out of the equation since Xena, by definition, has no feats against guns (well, there was that one modern episode with her clone but...). Hand to hand would be the best way to go with such a fight so you eliminate magic chakrams and modern weapons.