Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, I don't think that Natasha stands a chance against Xena. I'd give the Warrior Princess substantively better than even odds against Cap.

Guns might even the odds a bit, but Xena shouldn't get caught off guard due to the common knowledge clause of the rules, and Xena is probably sufficiently superhuman to aimdodge until she close enough to guarantee a hit with a thrown weapon or even get into melee range and just punt Black Widow into next week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, I don't think that Natasha stands a chance against Xena. I'd give the Warrior Princess substantively better than even odds against Cap.

Guns might even the odds a bit, but Xena shouldn't get caught off guard due to the common knowledge clause of the rules, and Xena is probably sufficiently superhuman to aimdodge until she close enough to guarantee a hit with a thrown weapon or even get into melee range and just punt Black Widow into next week.
    And, for Xena, "close enough with a ranged weapon" means, like, a mile away.
    Power with Girl is better.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

I'd give the Warrior Princess substantively better than even odds against Cap.
    Another tempting proposition (btw DK, glad to see you're still here), but I think I'd lean more towards Cap, given that movie-Cap's super-strength and rapid healing/durability might end up being a lot more than Xena can handle (even her skills with a sword are blunted by Cap's defining weapon being an unbreakable shield). I mean, movie-Steve suffered fatal injuries and recovered from them in almost every onscreen appearance.

It'd be close, like, it'd hardly be a curb-stomp, but if I had to, I think I'd still lean towards Steve.

Xena versus Natasha, though, yeah, I'd lean back towards Xena.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Another tempting proposition (btw DK, glad to see you're still here), but I think I'd lean more towards Cap, given that movie-Cap's super-strength and rapid healing/durability might end up being a lot more than Xena can handle (even her skills with a sword are blunted by Cap's defining weapon being an unbreakable shield). I mean, movie-Steve suffered fatal injuries and recovered from them in almost every onscreen appearance.

It'd be close, like, it'd hardly be a curb-stomp, but if I had to, I think I'd still lean towards Steve.

Xena versus Natasha, though, yeah, I'd lean back towards Xena.
    Xena's also got pretty silly levels of super strength, significantly greater agility and skill, plus a weapon that she can ricochet around the arena in ways that would make Cap green with envy while frantically trying to keep from turning red with bloodloss or blue with asphyxiation because Xena is still going to be trying to stab him or cut off the flow of blood to his limbs/brain while her chakram is bouncing around like it was being remote controlled.

Good to see you again, too, Pete.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 03-22-2023 at 06:12 AM.

Incredible Member

She gained the powers to kill, specifically, the Olympian gods. Like, say, if she swung a sword at Zeus, she'd kill him. But obviously, if she swung that same sword at Superman, the sword would break.

Actually, given Superman's vulnerable to magic, I'm honestly not sure if that was a good example.
    I think it works fine as an example. The specific power Xena gained was to kill Olympians (and other beings of divine nature since she nearly killed the Archangel Michael). Superman is not an Olympian or a being of divine nature so Xena wouldn't be able to harm him at all.

Edit -- am I wrong in thinking that Xena versus the Black Widow would be a much more interesting fight?
    I agree.

Xena might be able to put a knife/chakram/sword in Scott's forehead before he can activate his powers, but that's really her only chance and I don't think she's quite got the feats to hit a target 100 feet away before Scott can shrink/embiggen.
    I have nothing to add this thread other than to say you used a perfectly crommulent word to describe Ant-Man's size changing capabilities.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Good to see you again, too, Pete.
    Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    As long as you take guns out of the equation since Xena, by definition, has no feats against guns (well, there was that one modern episode with her clone but...). Hand to hand would be the best way to go with such a fight so you eliminate magic chakrams and modern weapons.
    Well there was a reference to her encountering them in the evil dead comic cross-over. She wasn't impressed but I don't remember the details.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well there was a reference to her encountering them in the evil dead comic cross-over. She wasn't impressed but I don't remember the details.
    That sounds like the clone episode where she says she isn't impressed but we don't see what happened.
    Power with Girl is better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

going back and seeing some of xena's feats...........i think scott be in trouble.

edit: sorry for the necro. just noticed it really.