Princess bar
    Bliss: so your bones never broke
    Marro: yep they're unbreakable

Artie :revers got leach

Marrow: ok I'll kill them
    Feral: call the marauders
    Marrow: no
    Feral: I left krakoa to be with you hear, now call the marauders for backup
    Marrow: no. I can do it by myself and won't get best up by a child.

Reavers are lead by Maximilian Frankenstein.

Max: you want full payment bring the other mutant
    Marrow attacks beats reavers

Marrow( former x force member) vs max(11 year old child)

Max: krakoa treaty says you can't kill me
    Marrow: I can still cut you

Max throws a , know what I'll just post the picture tell me what you thing it looks like)

Screenshot_20230220_102021_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

It uses banchees Sonic attack knocked her back

Marrow hold him at bone point but...
    Max: I have your friend fingers ( he negates her powers procides to break her bones with his bare hand)

Marrow has a panic attack and gets beat up by a 11 year old
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 02-20-2023 at 08:33 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Artie and leach are attacked, leach gets fingers cut off. Artie escapes
    Princess bar
    Bliss: so your bones never broke
    Marro: yep they're unbreakable

Artie :revers got leach

Marrow: ok I'll kill them
    Feral: call the marauders
    Marrow: no
    Feral: I left krakoa to be with you hear, now call the marauders for backup
    Marrow: no. I can do it by myself and won't get best up by a child.

Reavers are lead by Maximilian Frankenstein.

Max: you want full payment bring the other mutant
    Marrow attacks beats reavers

Marrow( former x force member) vs max(11 year old child)

Max: krakoa treaty says you can't kill me
    Marrow: I can still cut you

Max throws a , know what I'll just post the picture tell me what you thing it looks like)

Screenshot_20230220_102021_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

It uses banchees Sonic attack knocked her back

Marrow hold him at bone point but...
    Max: I have your friend fingers ( he negates her powers procides to break her bones with his bare hand)

Marrow has a panic attack and gets beat up by a 11 year old
    It looks like a mouth with two tonsils. What did you think it looked like?

Astonishing Member

"Unbreakable." *insert montage of her bones breaking over 28 years of continuity*

Where does this writer even get that idea from?

Infact even only knowing the character thanks to Marvel vs Capcom 2 (which seems to have done a lot more for her to be known by a wider audience than the comics), would tell someone that her bones break, she just replaces or reinforces them.

Well, this story doesn't sound like it's going to do poor Marrow any favor. Infact at this point it's understandable to be concerned any time a c-lister who is someone's favorit gets a "focus" story in Unlimited.

It's better for a character to be in Limbo until someone gives them a proper chance, than to get bit parts over and over which do nothing for them or just make them look worse.

On the other hand. Still better than what poor Hank and Nature Girl get as treatment.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This could actually be a good story. The art is nice as well.

I was smiling to find out Marrow and some og the other former Morlocks took residence in Madripoor, as they do not feel at home on Krakoa.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I liked Max Frankenstein. Love to see more of him without the stupid Hellfire Brats.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Wrong thread sorry.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 02-22-2023 at 12:30 AM.

I love to see Marrow finally back. I think she has such a great design and uncanny ability. Wished someone would put her on an x-team book again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I love to see Marrow finally back. I think she has such a great design and uncanny ability. Wished someone would put her on an x-team book again.
    Depends on the quality of the writer and if they actualy have any worthwhile plans for her.

She doesn't need another Weapon X (which was a horrible regression of her character) or characterization like in X-force (Spurrier is a good writer in general, but the direction he took her was less than favorable).

Thinking of "great design" and "uncanny ability", someone once pointed out to me that her problem might be that she is a character in a western super hero comic but has powers that would be more at home for central characters in comparable japanese comics.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-22-2023 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Depends on the quality of the writer and if they actualy have any worthwhile plans for her.

She doesn't need another Weapon X (which was a horrible regression of her character) or characterization like in X-force (Spurrier is a good writer in general, but the direction he took her was less than favorable).

Thinking of "great design" and "uncanny ability", someone once pointed out to me that her problem might be that she is a character in a western super hero comic but has powers that would be more at home for central characters in comparable japanese comics.
    Her worst era, IMO was the Davis "I'm finally pretty" era. Loathed that.
    I really really liked her characterization in X-force. I need to reread it to see if it still works. Didn't read Weapon X, but I thought the direction seemed interesting, at least more than the Davis one.
    I think her current design and characterization in Unlimited is totally fine. Not my favorite but not illogical for her character.
    The "unbreakable" thing is really weird though.

BANNED

Marrow was best as the pain in the ass member of the X-men, wild and crazy.

She isn't stupid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Her worst era, IMO was the Davis "I'm finally pretty" era. Loathed that.
    While it was quite a drastic cut in personality and heavy alteration of her visual style, considering that she was still a X-men, appeared regular each month and still got at least some kind of focus, i wouldn't call it her worst era in retrospective, since it's still preferable to the miserable state the character has been in afterwards.
    However it certainly feels like the beginning of the end for her little editor enforced push.

I really really liked her characterization in X-force. I need to reread it to see if it still works. Didn't read Weapon X, but I thought the direction seemed interesting, at least more than the Davis one.
    My problem with her in X-force was that her entire characterization was from beginning to the end basicly "I have trauma, because of dead baby, so i'm acting moronic". Which seemed to annoy most of the scarcily few readers at the time and didn't seem to really add anything beneficial to her.

As for Weapon X. It was basicly a villain version of the Alan Davis take.

After a lot of never explaining what happend to her after X-men #100, she randomly joined the Weapon X programm for a treatment which allowed her to look normal. In return she happily traveled the globe killing people for them and helping abducting mutants which were then thrown into a prison camp where they got experimented on and/or killed via nerve gas.

She then randomly turned on Weapon X, turned Cable's anti-Weapon X underground network into a new Gene Nation to attack them, which involved bombing subway stations full of people, before the writers pet character Agent Zero showed up and gunned all of Gene Nation down off pannel with just a few handguns.

I think her current design and characterization in Unlimited is totally fine. Not my favorite but not illogical for her character.
    Considering that the character has basicly bounced from one random appearance to the next, constantly shifting in characterization, it's really not that bad.

The "unbreakable" thing is really weird though.
    Indeed. Seems the writer just wants to quickly make her appear overconfident to get beaten by the 11 year old so Feral can show up and save her for a team up fight.

I really hated the "I'm beautiful so my personality completely change because being ugly was my one problem". He could just have gone "I have control of my powers and that's good".
    In Weapon X, I think it was indeed a continuity of that, but with at least an edge. I only read the recruitement issues but it seemed clear she was going to betray them.
    HA I forgot about the baby thing in Spurrier... yeah that was something. Could have went with another trauma, but at least it wasn't rape.

Fantastic Member

Ugh. Why does marrow look different again? she look pretty old here